First Caps (21)

(A/N So first things first don't kill me but I kinda forgot about the relationship between Rydel and Mal. If you guys liked it make sure you comment below and I'll change a few things. If not I'll keep going with how things are now.)

So we landed in Connecticut and met up with the team at the hotel. We all go into the conference room to have a meeting with Jill before we go to our rooms.

"So its nice to have you all back here and as you can see we have some new faces. Now we'll have a light training session just to get you warmed up tonight. Tomorrow we'll do a weight lifting session with some light cardio then the day after that is the game. The day after the game is recovery for the players who need it then well have a relaxed day. More training the next day then the last game. Any questions?" Jill ask.

Everyone says no and Jill posts the room assignments. I look and see my name and then I see her name.

"Hey roommate." Mal says.

I turn around and look at her.

"Your just full of surprises aren't you?" I ask.

"Yeah pretty much." She says.

I roll my eyes and we make our way to our room. When I get in the elevator someone jumps into my arms. I was confused until I took in her scent, it was Kelley. I hops down and I give her a proper hug.

"I missed you." She says.

"I missed you too." I say.

I pull Kelley in for and kiss and then I remember Mal is here.

"Kelley this is my friend Mal." I say.

"Its nice to meet you." Kelley says.

"Its nice to meet you too." Mal says.

"Who are you rooming with?" I ask.

"JJ, she's kinda upset because she wants to be with Press but oh well." Kelley says.

We get off on our floor and head to our rooms. I take the bed by the window and Mal takes the bed by the door. We unpack out things before getting on our training kits and heading down to meet everyone else. We get on the bus and head to the field. When we get there we warm up with some drills and then scrimmage 9v9, Hope and Ash were the captains.

Hope's Team:
Forwards: Me, Mal, Press
Mids: Carli, Tobin, Moe
Defenders: JJ, Kling, Kelley

Ash's Team:
Forwards: Alex, Crystal, Horan
Mids: Pinoe, HAO, Mewis
Defenders: Becky, Krieger, Engen

We started off with the ball because Ash picked her players first. I've never played with some of the girls before so this should be interesting. Alex passed it to Crystal who then passed it back to HAO. Mal, Press, and I ran up the field and hung out at the half letting them keep possession. HAO tired to pass it up to Alex but Kling was there and took the ball up the field. She crossed it to Mal who wasn't the far outside of the box. Mal took one touch and settled the ball, Becky ran to defend her. Press and I made a run, I had Krieger on me while Press had Engen. Mal somehow got around Becky and sent it into the box to where I was. I hopped into the air and sent it toward goal but Ash blocked it. She didn't do a good job at clearing it because when it came back down Press hammered it into the back of the goal. Mal and I ran over to Press and hugged her before walking back to our half. We continued this for about an hour and the game ended 4-2.

"You and Mal really have a connection, I like the build up. Ladies when we get back to the hotel get some dinner and get some sleep, We have a game tomorrow." Jill says.