XXIV

I wake up as the car comes to a stop and look around. Outside its dark, and the house lights are what lights up the grass outside.

I look to Roman, "are we here?"

He nods, "come on, we can go talk to them and then go to bed."

I climb out of the car and help Roman get our bags before following him inside.

The house is huge, the floors a deep mahogany. Looking around, I couldn't help but be in awe at the beauty of the place.

"Like it?" Roman asks.

I nod.

"Ah, Alpha, I pray you had a good trip?" A man's voice echoes in the room.

Roman's arm finds my waist and I feel my cheeks warm.

The man catches the movement and his eyes fall on me.

"And the little Luna, how are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks," I answer uncomfortably.

Roman's arm tightens around me when the man's eyes linger, but he then turns back to Roman, "right, well, your room is this way."

If this turns out like the last time I took you to another pack house-

I chuckle in my mind, Roman, it'll be fine. Plus, it's not like your mark will go away, he can't do anything.

I glance at him, and he looks at me quickly. I make sure that he sees me roll my eyes and his features soften, a small smile playing on his lips.

We stop in front of a door and Miles looks at the two of us, "here it is. I trust we'll speak more of the issues regarding my pack in the morning, alpha?"

Roman nods, his jaw tightening. It was his pack, not Miles', but I know he doesn't want to deal with anything tonight.

I walk into the room, saying a quick 'good night' to Miles, and Roman follows, shutting the door.

He growls then, running a hand through his hair, "I've never liked him."

I smile, "you're just jealous."

He narrows his eyes playfully at me, "am not."

"So, you're saying that the whole thing about it being like the last time had nothing to do with jealousy?" I question.

"No, it has to do with the fact that you're my mate. I don't need to be jealous, because I know you care nothing about him, but it annoys me that he thinks he can have you," he states.

I roll my eyes again, "whatever."

I turn my back to him, getting the bed ready.

He chuckles and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me until my back is against his chest, "do you want me to be jealous, Lena?"

"No," I answer, leaning my head back against his shoulder.

He presses a kiss to the top of my shoulder, then one to my cheek, "Is the fact that I trust you not enough?"

"I said I didn't want you to be jealous, I just meant that I don't believe that you aren't," I answer. "But I'm glad you trust me, cause I trust you."

"Good," he responds, then jumps on to the bed, pulling me with him.

I scream, then laugh. Roman's laughs, his eyes light and smile broad. He's truly beautiful.