VIII

I walk tentatively towards him, watching him carefully, as he does me. The tension is thick in the room, and I'm not sure why. Maybe because they've never seen him around a female before. Maybe it's because of the mark on my neck. His mark.

I reach him, stopping just before him, "Alpha."

He growls lowly, but not in anger, and I raise an eyebrow at him, questioning. I look around, noticing no seat for me, then turn back to him, "where am I to sit?"

He smirks, taking a seat, placing a strong hand on my waist and pulling me so I fall on to his lap.

I growl in annoyance at him, "I'm not joking around, Roman, let go."

I gasp when he buries his face into my neck, "too many males."

I try to shove him away, "yeah, too many males watching us."

He growls a warning, and the eyes turn away, but his grip tightens around my waist, "you're staying here."

I huff in defeat, crossing my arms, "fine."

"I like my clothes on you," he states. "I shouldn't."

I roll my eyes, "these men want to get out of here, get this meeting over with."

He sighs, standing and placing me gently back in the chair.

"I've called this meeting today because there have been many wolves going against me. A rogue pack has begun to form, and I want it to be destroyed. I am to believe that one of you have helped this cause, and if you make yourself known now, your punishment will be...gentler," Roman starts.

I look around the room, wondering if someone will stand. None do.

"Very well," Roman says after a while. "Your punishment will be torture before death. If you see or find out anything about this, I demand that you inform me immediately. You are dismissed."

The alphas stand, bow their heads, and file out of the room.

Roman walks over to me, and I rest my chin on my hand, looking up at him.

"What?" He asks.

"Why did I have to be here for that?" I ask.

"Because, you are the Luna, you are supposed to attend any and all meetings that are held. It's good to know what's going on in the pack, it'll help make you a better leader," he answers.

"So, I'm the Luna when you have reason for me to be, but any other time I'm just another toy? Is that right, Alpha?" I ask.

"Quit that, Lena," he growls.

"Why, Alpha, does it bother you?" I tease.

He leans forward, placing his hands on each of the chair arms, trapping me in, "No, it doesn't annoy me."

"Then, why do you want me to stop?" I ask.

He smirks, leaning closer to me, his voice lowering, "because, my Luna, it makes me want to kiss you, and claim you as mine."

My tongue dries, and I can't form the words to speak back at him angrily. He smirks as he leans down and brushes his lips over his mark. I shiver, turning my head to make more room. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he kissed me.

He chuckles roughly, his breath fanning across my skin, "I can hear your thoughts, amica mea. All you have to do is ask."

I snap back, growling and shoving him away.

He chuckles again, "you'll be asking me to kiss you some time or another, just wait."

The door bangs open, making me jump and Roman to growl.