XXII

I sit cross-legged on the neatly made bed in Roman's room, watching quietly as he paces back and forth on his phone.

He's having a heated argument with one of the men who's over the northwest pack.

After everything that has happened, Roman decided to divide his pack into eight parts, putting different people in charge of each.

Simon, over the northeast. A man, whom he is on the phone with, named Miles. Alex, over east. Sam, over west. Roman, over south. Ryan, over the north. Kyle, over southeast. Spencer, over southwest.

It's taken some of the stress off of Roman. Only some. He still has to make sure each of the men are leading their territories well, make sure they're provided for and safe. It's a big job being leader over so many packs.

Roman sighs, ending the call and I smile, "rough spot in the system?"

He looks at me, his dark eyes softening, "yeah, Miles was saying there were some complications between him and Ryan. Borders and whatnot."

"You'll get it worked out," I encourage.

He sighs, coming to lie on the bed next to where I'm sitting, "I just thought I'd get more time with you."

His voice is muffled by the mattress, and I chuckle, "you have a job to do, I understand. Besides, it's helped you have more time than you normally do."

He turns his head to look up at me, "not enough time. I miss you."

I shake my head, "you're just clingy."

He glares at me playfully, "we've been over this before, you can't stay away from me."

"You're mistaken, Alpha, it's you who can't stay away from me," I reply.

He grabs my waist, pulling me down and starts to tickle me, "Admit you miss me all the time."

"Never," I laugh.

"Do it, Lena," he says, continuing to tickle me.

I laugh until tears fill my eyes and I get breathless, "okay, okay."

"You have to say it or I won't stop," he states.

"I miss you all the time," I tell him. He stops tickling me and smiles, leaning down and pressing a kiss on my lips, "I miss you all the time too."

I laugh and shove him away before getting off the bed and holding out my hand towards him, "let's go somewhere."

"Where?" He asks, taking my hand and standing, intertwining our fingers.

"I don't know, just somewhere," I answer.

He nods, "okay, let's go."

************************************
I watch the green trees blur past as we drive, then sigh, "where are we going?"

Roman chuckles, "you're the one who wanted to go somewhere. I'm taking you somewhere."

"Yes, but where is somewhere?" I ask looking at him.

His smile falls a little, "that night, when the attack happened on your pack, your parents were killed. Have you not thought about where they were?"

I feel my good mood fall, "yes, but I never really talked about it."

He glances at me then back at the road before reaching over to take my hand in his, "well, a couple days ago I sent some people to find their bodies. You know, so we can give them a proper burial."

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Well, the thing is, we found your mother but not your dad," he states.

"What do you mean?" I question.