II

My shower was long and much needed. It relaxed my tense muscles and allowed me to think. When I get out I return to my room, feeling tired. The thought of my parents being dead still doesn't seem real to me, the fact that I'm alone makes me scared.

I have no one, now. No one missing me, no one worried about me, no one looking for me. No one. The thought brings me to tears and I cry myself to sleep.

When I wake up again, it's to the sound of knocking on the door.

I stare at the wall, unsure if I had dreamed it or not. When it happens again, I answer, "come in."

My voice is scratchy from crying, my eyes feeling swollen and burning.

"I've brought you food."

The sound of his voice gives me chills. I'm not sure if they're good or bad.

"I'm not hungry," I reply, covering my head.

"You need to eat, you'll get weak if you don't."

"Then, I will. I don't care. I'd rather die than be here with you! I'm more alone here than if I were by myself in the woods," I snap.

He growls, slamming the tray down on to the table. He walks over, turning on the light. I wince at the sudden brightness, but nearly gasp when I see him.

His hair is dark, his eyes are like black holes, swirling in anger, ready to suck in anyone willing to get close enough. His skin is tan, not from the sun, but natural. He's tall, his features are strong and sharp. He's handsome. Dangerously handsome.

"You will do as I say," he seethes, obviously not used to being told no.

"You can not force me to eat, Alpha. I do not want your food. I will not take anything from you," I growl back.

Lena, we need to be gentle. Kindness will do more damage than anger.

I close my eyes, taking a deep breath, before looking back at him. His expression had changed. I don't know what it is he is thinking, nor what he is feeling.

"I'll leave the meal here, you can eat it if you want. Do not call me alpha," he says.

"What should I call you, then?"

"Anything but that, you are higher than my pack members, therefore you do not need to call me by my title," he answers.

Surprised, I don't respond. He gives me a lingering look before shaking his head and walking out, shutting the door behind him.

I look over to the food on the plate. My stomach growls longingly at the sight of the steak and mashed potatoes, but I just swallow and walk to my bed.

Crawling under the blankets, I try to get my mind to focus on anything but the food.

I will not take from him.

Instead, my mind wanders to him. I think about if he has any family, or if he ever felt love for someone, or if he had even cared about someone. I even wonder about the most insignificant things, like what his favorite color is, if he has one.

Suddenly, the longing to know him became strong. Though, I push it away. He's a murderer. He kills people for selfish reasons. He wants power and nothing else. He probably doesn't even wonder those things about me. He's cold and heartless.

There has to be a reason, my conscious tells me. A reason why he became like this.

It goes back to the story, I guess. Of his anger and hatred towards the wolves. I guess that just carried on after he was changed. Do his wolf and him fight all of the time? Is that why he's so cruel?