Prologue

The war had been going on for two years, now. The war between the wolves and the humans. Their leaders were relentless, filled with hatred for the other kind.

They wanted to exterminate each other.

Roman Xander was the leader of the humans. He wanted revenge for all of the deaths his people had suffered because of the wolves.

Licen was the leader of the wolves. His pack believed the humans were weak and worthless. He wanted to reclaim back his territory and wanted to kill the one who murdered his mate...Roman.

The two both had reasonable reasons to be fighting, but each of their own people's lives were at risk. One would fall behind, the other would pull ahead, it would switch, and then continued to happen.

For another four years, the war continued. Finally, people were growing tired of always worrying about the battle.

The greatest, most powerful witches and warlocks gathered, seeking an amend for this war.

They decided, and on the full moon, they began.

They combined the two. Making man and wolf one flesh, one being. Creating what we would call a werewolf.

Centuries passed, and the people began to learn how to live at piece with their other halves. They harnessed each other's characteristics to create a magnificent species.

Roman never changed and neither did Licen. They were constantly at war with each other, resulting in Roman's loss of control for periods of time. His men would have to chain him in the cellars, keeping him from going on a rampage and killing people.

More years passed, and slowly, Roman weakened. Licen was able to use Roman's body to rule over the people. One by one, he conquered packs, taking down their alphas and making his own pack larger.

His people lived in fear of him, trying to not anger their leader.

Licen conquered all packs. All but one. That is where our story begins. In a small territory where one person, one girl, could change the course of history. Forever.