Chapter 1 ● Dragneel Brothers

*All rights to Hiro Mashima*

Flashback

"You fool! You think you can win against me? Don't make me laugh! I am immortal, brother."

"Well don't think I'm gonna go easy on ya pal. I still haven't shown you what I've got." Natsu smirked, ready to charge at the black hearted mage.

"Oh yeah? Come at me little brother." Zeref replied with a devilish smirk.
Natsu knew the right thing to do. He knew that it would cost him his life but he still did it. He started chanting a spell; END's spell.

Horns grew out of his salmon hair and red scales had replaced his skin. Wings tore his black coat by growing out from his back. He was no longer human but became a demon instead, END to be precise. Hopefully, he had full control on his emotions and only changed physically and not mentally. The only difference was that Natsu had become much stronger.

Surprised, Zeref backed down but smiled at the same time. He looked happy, so happy that tears began to roll down from his eyes. Why? For an instant he wanted Natsu to die, but now he's accepting to lose?!

"You can finally use that power but, unfortunately, it doesn't look like you're under my control. You have understood how to control it without it controling you. Looks like now, we won't dominate the world together but more like die together." he said leaving himself wide open for Natsu to strike.

"I'm willing to take that risk. I promised Lucy and everybody in the guild that I will protect them, even if it means to sacrifice myself." Natsu ran as fast as he could and grabbed Zeref by his neck, strangling him.

A giant fire ball appeared, ready to hit his heart. But Natsu still hadn't moved. His eyes were widened and looking in another direction. A beautiful celestial mage with golden locks had taken his attention away from his initial objective. Lucy, who was supposedly unconscious, was standing there all woken up. She was shocked and sadness had swallowed her heart. Fresh tears were falling on her swollen and bruised cheeks.

"N-Natsu... p-please, don't do this. There must be another way to finish him for once and for all, but please spare your life. I'm begging you..." she cried her eyes out trying to stop him from doing something stupid.

"I'm sorry Luce..." Natsu sighed looking down. He looked at Zeref's mischievous face for one last time. The last thing that he was about to see was his evil older brother smirking like he never did.

'I can't believe that this freak is going to be the last thing I see before my end.' Natsu thought to himself.

"Goodbye Lucy!" was the last thing he managed to say, while bitting his lower lip, before blasting Zeref in the heart.

"NOOOOO!" Lucy screamed and cried at the same time and fell down on her knees.

A giant aura of light appeared, blinding the crying blond girl. That light could be seen from miles away and the whole guild witnessed it.

When it disappeared, Lucy saw Zeref with multiple injuries starting to fade away and vanish once and for all like dust being blown away by the wind. But what shocked her the most was the lifeless Natsu lying on the ground, back to his original form.

"N-Natsu..." she sobbed in despair.

[End Flashback]

[Timeskip, a week later]

(Third person POV)

Back at the guild, it was the usual basis. Mira standing at the bar serving her guild mates, Cana drinking to her heart's content, Gray eating shirtless while Juvia admired his abs, Erza savoring every bite of her strawberry cheese cake, Elfman blabbering about how he's a real man and everyone else was doing what they always usually did.

But then, a fllying blue cat and his pink haired companion in bandages joined in.

"OI! LUCE! WHERE YOU AT?! WE'RE GOING ON A JOB!"

(Natsu's POV)

"QUIT YOUR YELLING WOULD'YA!? I'M TRYIN' TO EAT HERE!" Ice princess yelled.

"LOOK WHO'S TALKIN'!" I yelled back at him.

We both glared at each other, ready to rip each other's faces.

"YOU TWO, QUIT IT!" Erza grabbed us both and knocked our heads totether.

"H-Haiii..." we both squeaked in pain.

"Hey everyone!" a familiar voice said, opening the door.

I instantly took a peek at the door's direction to see Lucy entering the guild. As soon as I saw her, I left everything that I was doing and ran towards her as fast as I could handing her the job request.

"Soooo, waddya think?" I asked with anticipation.

"Natsu," she sighed " you're not in any shape to go on a job with all of your bandages."

"Yeah, so what! A little bruise won't keep me from having fun. I am so booored staying here, doing nothing."

"Lucy is right, Natsu. You almost died, you know? You were lucky that you woke up that day, seriously." Erza mentioned.

"But that happened ages ago!" I whined desperately.

"It happened only a week ago. Natsu, you need some rest." Lucy sighed once again.

"Look who's talkin'! You need some rest, you look as pale as Gray."

"HEY!"

"Hehe! I'm alright! I just feel a lot more exhausted lately." she said, cracking a fake smile.

"Seriously though, are you okay Luce? I mean you arrived later than usual today." I'm worried about her. I could smell something fishy about her. She was definitely hiding something.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just not getting much sleep lately, that's all." Once again, a fake smile appeared on her pale face.

"Okay then! If you are feeling better, since we can't go on a job, would you like to go out and eat?" I asked.

"I-I'm sorry... I'm kind of busy today so you won't see me around until tomorrow. But I promise you tomorrow we'll go eat somewhere, my treat." This time, I'm sure of it, she is hiding something and I'm gonna find out about it.