Chapter 15: Surprise

Start from the beginning

I nodded and made my way to the pediatric waiting room. Oddly enough, I saw Frank and Vincent just now coming from down the hall. I ignored the confused stares of other pregnant women and focused my eyes on their faces. They didn't look angry or upset, neither one, which was a good thing.

"Frank, come here please," I said softly. I was addressing Frank, only Frank, right? Then why was Vincent coming too?

"What's wrong," Vincent asked me, but I ignored his question. I'm still not willing to speak to him.

Instead, I turned to Frank and grabbed him by his arm, tugging him along with me back to the room where Doctor Hans was waiting.

"Oh, hello, sir, I'm Doctor Hans" Hans greeted, and then, noticing Vincent standing behind us, he stiffened and bowed respectfully, "Good morning, Your Highness."

"Good morning to you as well, sir. I'm only here to see them as experience; my fiancée and I would be having a baby of our own in due time," I heard Vincent say proudly beside us.

"Congratulations, You're Highness. I truly recommend coming here for the birth of the royal heir," Hans recommended.

I frowned, feeling a bit jealous. I'm the one carrying the 'royal heir'. If only Doctor Hans knew.

"Well, let us get started, Ms. Hakim, please lay on your back here," Hans gestured to the padded examining table.

I pulled away from Frank and laid on my back. I turned to look at both Frank and Vincent who were sitting in two arm chairs off to the side. Both Frank and Vincent wore looks of confusion.

"Now, Miss, I'm going to have to prop your legs up to get a better view," Hans said cautiously. He glanced in Frank and Vincent's direction and gulped.

I turned my head back toward them and saw the anger and jealousy written all over Vincent's countenance. I, myself, swallowed the lump in my throat, afraid that Vincent may lash out on the Doctor.

"Okay," I replied. Seeing my baby is more important than Vincent's temper. If he's so damn angry then he can take his angry ass outside.

"Now wait a minute, Doctor," I heard Vincent interrupt. "What are you doing?"

"I'm performing a transvaginal ultrasound," Doctor Hans replied, his face was a mask of fear.

"Excuse me!? A trans-what," Vincent asked disbelievingly as he raised his voice.

I sat up and frowned between Vincent and Doctor Hans. "Sir, no! This is my baby and my body! If I want him to look between my legs, then that's completely up to me," I yelled, catching Vincent's attention. What a bastard! He can't decide what happens to my body or not! I know he's the crowned prince, but still.

Vincent snapped his head in my direction and glared deathly at me. For a second, I shrunk back, afraid that he'd argue with me, but then I remembered, we're in a hospital.

"Frank! You're just going to let this happen with no input," Vincent, now turned in Frank's direction, roared.

I grabbed Vincent's arm, assuring that my grip was tight on his muscled arm, and glowered at him. "Your Highness," I remembered to address him with his respectful title. "This is our child, Frank and I, as well as my body. What I do with my body is up to me. If it bothers you so, I would respect it if you would step out, please," I said softly, refraining from punching him in his nose; he was getting me upset with his complaining.

Vincent's facial expression was a mixture of anger, hurt, and affection. I have no idea why he would look at me affectionately, but at this moment, I didn't care to know.