Best Friends Mate Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

When we get to class we sit down at our table waiting for Mrs. Mueller. She was nice and one of my favorite teachers. I liked her because she made Chemistry fun and exciting. The room had lab tables and four people sat per table two on one side and two on the other. Me and Drake share one with our other two friends, Melissa and Elijah. They were mates and were so cute together.

When they got in to class Mel, sat across from me and we started talking.

"Hey, Mel." I say and she smiles saying hey back.

"Hey, how was your night?" She asks.

"It was good. I watched a movie and then went to bed nothing to special. You?" I ask. She was on the cheer squad with me and we had split after that and it was pretty late and I was pretty sure she didn't really do anything.

She gave a sly smile and glanced over at Eli with a slight blush. I sit up straighter and my face shows pure disgust.

"Eww, Mel." I say glaring at her.

"Don't worry, we were safe." She says slightly giggling. I shake my head at her as the teacher walks in.

"Okay class, so today we are gonna be taking notes instead of doing a lab." She says and we get out notebooks and pens. She turns on the projector and we go over a lot of things.

At the end of class my hand hurts so much. We go to our lockers and I am still messing with it trying to get it to relax.

"What's wrong?" Drake asks putting his book up and looking down at me.

"My hand is hurting again." I tell him. A while ago in practice I had hurt my hand and now if I use it for a long period of time it hurts. He puts his last book in his locker and turns to me holding his hands out. I lay mine in his and he starts to massage it. He does this every time it starts to hurt, and I always rub his back and shoulders after practice if he needs it. Once he gets done he places a small kiss on it and looks up at me.

"Better?" he asks and I smile nodding getting on my tippy toes and pecking his cheek.

"Yes, thanks." I say and we grab our books rushing to class so we aren't late. We step in to the door right as the bell rings. The teacher gives us a stern look but we just walk to our chairs and sit down.

Once it was lunch I was walking to the lunch room with Mel, Drake, and Elijah. I was talking with Mel as Drake and Elijah were goofing off and throwing a football around the hall way trying to avoid hitting us and other students.

"Watch out." I hear Elijah say just as Drake grabbed my arm and pulled me back in to him just before a football came and hit the ground were I was standing.

"Dude! Be careful!" Drake says sounding irritated. I rolled my eyes and picked it up throwing it at Eli.

"Calm down Drake, I'm fine. I would have been fine if it hit me anyways." I say shrugging.