Change, It Keeps Coming.

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td align="middle" valign="center">

<table width="600" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="left" valign="center"><big><big>I</big></big>t was now three weeks after the death of her bestfriend when Beth decided to actually leave the house. She invited Valery St. Germain to go with she and her mother to look for a bridesmaid's dress for the up and coming wedding, which was actually only a month away. During that day, she laughed for one of the first times in a while. The first time she laughed, Eric had been there, with her. Now, he was with Ben, playing videogames, of course.

Beth was standing there, in a royal blue halter-dress that fit her in all the right places. She held a fake boquette at her midsection, and pretended to walk down the aisle, leading the pack the entire way. She giggled with Valery as they made faces in the mirror and pretended to pose for wedding pictures. They laughed together as Martha tried on numerous pairs of shoes in the background

"Why do you care about the shoes you wear, the dress is just going to be covering them anyways, right?" Valery asked as she layed on the waiting bench just to the right of Martha.

"True, but he's going to see them," Beth answered for Martha.

Martha simply smiled in agreement. She seemed as if she were trying to remember something, which was normal for a bride-to-be, again.

"So who's walking you down the aisle?" Valery asked, filling the short awkward silence.

Beth shrugged her shoulders. "Dunno. Mom hasn't decided yet."

"I was thinking Ben," Martha answered quickly. "He's a good match, don't you think."

"Mom, no." Beth exclaimed in disgust.

"Why not? He'd perfect," Martha asked, shocked Beth would say no to her offer. "He's the perfect big-brother-figure!"

Beth gave her mom looks to try to get her to stop talking. Valery knew Ben lived across the street from her since the two seniors in the office ratted her business when she and Ben were called in there for their supposed relationship. But Valery had no idea how close Ben and Beth actually were.

"Mom. No, Ben is just...Ben." Beth rolled her eyes.

"Who's Ben?" Valery asked, staring up at the ceiling.

"Family friend." Beth said in a stern voice.

"We could always ask Eric," Martha added. Beth froze mid-step in front of the changing booth.

"E-Eric?" Beth asked. "W-Why Eric?"

"He's practically family now," Martha strutted down the 'cat-walk' in her six inch heels. She almost tripped, and quickly kicked them off.

"No." Beth confirmed.

"Who's Eric?" Valery also questioned.

"He lives in the guesthouse, you should come over and meet him sometime," Martha grinned.

"He's noone," Beth restated. "Just a friend. Let's go look at the dresses?" She quickly invited.

Beth rolled her eyes. This was getting annoying. She had to tell Valery about Eric and Ben eventually, or just stop being so personal with her because if she found out and even suspected that Beth was keeping it from her, she would get the wrong idea (well, the right idea about Eric), and tell someone. This was just too much pressure for Beth. She liked only having to worry about Dana knowing, now she has to re-tell everything to another person, or lose another bestfriend.