Chapter 13 "I can't Dance"

Start from the beginning

                 “There’s Ramen in the pantry.” I smiled and kissed her on the cheek. I set everything up and made my Ramen. I grabbed the bowl and took it into the living room and ate it while watching NCIS.I tortured Duske with the last noodle and laughed when she gave up trying to eat it in the air and just clapped it between her paws. I scratched her head in reward and took my bowl back into the kitchen and into the sink. I rinsed it out and cleaned it and put it in the drying rack. I ran out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my room. I went to my closet and got out my dress and the adorable blue sparkly ballet flats. I went into the bathroom and striped out of my school clothes and put on the dress.

                 Now while I’m not a dress person, seeing as where I grew up I didn’t really have a chance to wear dresses and what with me playing with boys mostly, I basically grew up as a boy. So, I don’t really dress up. But, I really like the dress, it’s soft and it brushes around my knees in a nice fluffy way. I put on my flats, which had sequins and would pretty much sparkle in good light, with a pretty bow at the toe. I picked up my brush and managed to brush it without too much of a battle and straightened it with one of those hairstylers that doesn’t burn your scalp and put it in a ponytail. I pulled it tight and then I made a tiny hole with my fingers, I grabbed my hair and pulled it through the hole once, then again and secured it in place so it wouldn’t unravel with a little flower clip underneath it and added a white rose to it. I left two little curls on either side of my face to make it complete. I came out of the bathroom and glanced at the clock and grimaced. A half an hour ‘till six, I shrugged, and collected my stuff, my E-Reader, and my clasp purse.

                 I went down the stairs and into the living room. I put in the Dresden Files and watched the one with the Tablet of Anubis. I love Bob; he’s a 1000 year old ghost that likes to give advice that isn’t particularly wanted. The clock on the wall gave six little beeps and I knew it was time to say bye. I went up the stairs and went into the bedroom and waved, then ran out and down the stairs and out the door. I sat on the steps and waited, I didn’t have to wait long before Waneta’s car came up the driveway. I smiled and waved as he pulled up to the porch. He got ouut to tt along with Sora and Angus. I must admit, he looks good in a tux. I gave each of them a hug; ignoring the growl I heard when I hugged Angus. After the hugs and conversations about clothes, why am I talking about clothes in the first place? I asked myself as we got in the car.

                 It only took maybe ten minutes to get to the school and when we got out I was looking around. I caught sight of Morrigan and turned to Waneta,

                 “I’m going to say hi to someone, I’ll be back.” I said and he nodded and I ran over to where Morrigan was and smiled at him.

                 “Hey” Morrigan smiled back.

                 “You look good.” My smiled widened.

                 “So do you.” It got kind of quiet until he asked,

                 “So who’d you come with? I came with my cousin.” I smiled slightly and pointed behind me at Waneta.

                 “I came with Waneta. He’s my date.” For some reason this made him nervous, I was going to ask him why but before I could one of the teachers came out holding a mic.

                 “Attention students. Welcome to the 2012-2013 Homecoming. The gym is open, present your tickets to Mrs. Walker in the front, enjoy!” The gym doors were open and music sounded through the doors.

                 I waved good-bye to Morrigan before running back to where Waneta stood. I practically ran into him and almost fell on my can but he held me up.