Chapter 13 "I can't Dance"

Start from the beginning

                “My name is Morrigan. No one has really stood up to Nataeleigh before.” I felt my face flush a little.

             “You know, you don’t have to sign. I can read what you’re saying. I appreciate the effort though.” I smiled slightly.

                 “Oh.” I said aloud. Morrigan grinned and waved ahead of me.

                 “Ladies first.” We walked to the library and went inside. I was a very happy person. I kind of followed my eyes when they landed on my section of the library. They had Julie Garwood, Catherine Courtlier, Lynsay Sands, Alexis Morgan, Christine Feehan, Mary Janice Davidson, Gena Showalter, Cassie Edwards, Christine Warren, Kim Harrison, Kathleen Morgan, Carol Finch, Connie Mason, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Kerrelyn Sparks, Cat Adams, Marisa Chenery, Maya Banks, Nalini Singh, and Cynthia Eden. I was an extremely happy bookworm at the moment. Morrigan had come up beside me and was grinning at my expression. I bet you I had an expression somewhere akin to ecstasy.

                 “I see you found the romance section.” He had no idea; all I could do was nod and stare. He let out a chuckle at my expense. I managed a small smile and kinda snatched a Connie Mason book off the shelf; it was the one with Blue Hawk. I checked it out and held it to my chest. I went and sat by a window but as soon as I sat down the bell rang. I growled but got up. I waved goodbye to Morrigan and ran to my homeroom. After that nothing really happened, I had my olive salad, much to the “yuck” looks from Sora, Angus and Waneta.

                 I kept getting glares from Nataeleigh. I solved it right fast and stuck my tongue out at her, her face was priceless. After lunch we were playing dodge ball. It also turned out that the blonde bimbo was in the class. Let’s just say that by the time Gym was over, she had bruises all over and would be sore for days. I got ready as fast as I could and bolted out of the gym when the bell rang. I got on the bus and sat down with a sigh of relief. Waneta got on a little bit after me as did Sora, and was looking at me strangely.

                 “What?” I asked and he kind of smiled.

                 “You’re acting strange”

                 “Oh, well it ain’t my fault. I blame the blonde bimbo Barbie.” I told him and he scrunched up his eyebrows.

                 “Who?” I sighed patiently. Males can’t live with ‘em can’t live without them.

                 “What’s-her-name, Nat, Nataleigh, Nataeleigh. Called me a freak. I started signing and I may have cursed and flipped her off, but you can’t blame me,” I rushed out when he started to get angry.

                 “I blame the little shoulder-devil-me. She kicked the angel off on the way to the library” Waneta just raised an eyebrow at what I said. I shrugged and opened my book and read until I had to get off.

                 “See you soon.” Waneta told me and I smiled and waved. I ran down the driveway and into the house. I dumped my bag on the crease between the door and the wall. I walked into the kitchen and smiled.

                 “Hi maman. Whatchya makin’ for supper? I asked, coming around beside her to give her a hug. I won’t ever give her a hug from behind, too dangerous. My mom grew up in Jersey and would react by comin’ around swingin’. Same as when she sleeps.

                 “Oriental chicken.” She answered and I grinned.

                 “I’m going to have to pass. I have to be ready for when Waneta comes over to pick me up.” I pouted at her and she laughed.