Chapter 14 - Which Side Will I Be On?

~Piper McLean's POV~

"CHRISTINE! NO!"

I jerked awake at someone's scream. I instinctively reached for my sword. I looked around in alarm and I sighed in relief at the familiar sight of the cabin. No monster attack. Everyone woke in a daze. Under the light of the moon, I saw Trisha sobbing. I stood up and walked over. Someone switched the light on.

I placed a hand on her shoulder. "Hey. Are you alright? Did you have a bad dream?" I asked worriedly.

Trisha shook her head furiously. She was shaking badly. I gestured at Drew. "Get her some water." I said. Drew reluctantly followed and handed me a bottle. I opened and offered it to Trisha who received it with trembling hands. I rubbed my hand on her back, mumbling soothing words to calm her. I told the others that I will handle Trisha myself. The night light was turned on and the others hesitantly returned to sleep.

I plopped down on Trisha's bed. She was pale and sweating. She finally calmed down but her hands were still shaking. I placed a hand on her arm. "Are you feeling better?" I asked, my voice was barely a whisper.

She nodded. "Yes. Thank you."

"Tell me about it. You will feel better that way. I will listen."

She bit her lip. "I-It's about Christine." She stammered. Tears formed at the corner of her eyes. "I dreamed that she joined Tartarus' forces. I saw her standing on the crest of Half-Blood hill, watching Tartarus destroy the camp. I-It was terrible!" She sobbed. "You should have seen her expression! She's not the Christine I know!"

"It's alright." I murmured. "It's just a dream. A very bad dream." I tried to use my charmspeak. Despite the words that came out of my mouth, I was very worried. I got a throbbing feeling it wasn't just a bad dream. It was a bad omen. Something bad is happening down there. Nico said that Christine have something that will secure the success of Tartarus' revenge. Weeks now and we still have no idea what is it.

Now, this. I cannot shake the feeling that Trisha's nightmare has something to do with it. That in this very hour, this very moment, the odds were being weighed on both sides. Trisha has finally calmed down and decided to go back to sleep when a horn sounded. Everyone stumbled awake.

We're under attack.

__________

~Hera's POV~

I clutched my heart. The pain has suddenly struck me. I desperately held on a broken marble column, gazing at the stars above.

My daughter...please...forgive us...

__________

~Artemis' POV~

I watched as the clouds covered the moon, casting a shadow over us.

This feeling...

I turned to my brother. His face was expressionless, staring at the shifting shadows. His eyes had glazed over. "It has finally begun...the final verdict has finally been decided..."

__________

~Zeus' POV~

"Father! Are you alright?"

"Brother?"

"What happened, Zeus?"

I leaned heavily against my throne as the other Olympians hurried to my side. Hades and Hermes helped me up to my throne. I sat down. My body suddenly drained of all power. I clutched my aching head. I heaved, seemingly losing the air in my lungs. The other Olympians gathered around, looking concerned.

What is this sense of foreboding?

__________

~Hermes' POV~

I watched in concern as Father clutched his head. Pain and worry were written all over his face.

So, it has finally started, Apollo...

I looked around at the thrones erected on this room.

In your hands, Ariacalyssa, we will be destroyed or preserved. May the Fates have mercy on us!

__________

~Atè's POV~

I looked out at dense fog covering the meadows of Akhlys. I ordered the drakon to get away and hide as soon as possible. I could feel the heavy pressure as darkness swirled behind me.

I've done my part.

It's now your turn.

Your decision will be the absolute future of the world, Christine Galliardo.

All of cosmos awaits.

__________

Woah! We're finally approaching the climax! I got a bit inspired and excited that's why I'm publishing four chapters today. Sorry for this very short chapter and the past boring chapters. Tell me what you think of this story so far. Your suggestions are appreciated. Comment! Vote! Love you guys <3