|||Chapter 17|||

Dear Brock

...

***

Brock's POV

Three Days Later

I sighed as I got into my car and slammed the door shut and turned on the air conditioning. Though it was winter, the sun was blazing as though it was the middle of summer, which only made me more miserable.

It been three days since I had last talked to Renee. Not a text, phone call, or any type of communication was held between the two of us, and it was enough to drive me insane.

She had started back hanging out with Summer and The Bella's. When I passed by her, they would give me dirty looks while she would just look at the floor.

Roman and Seth were giving me pure hell in and outside of the ring and it was more annoying than harmful. Seth even hinting about the situation on a promo on Raw and it was enough to make me want to start the match way before it was originally planned.

The rude and hatful comments kept coming but I ignore them all. I couldn't focus on anything expect Renee.

I sighed once again as I pulled the car out of park and drove out of the parking lot and down the road.

She stayed on my mind constantly as I continued to drive. At one point that song that she play on the radio came on and it didn't help my emotions any at all.

I pulled into the mall parking lot, found a parking space and got out to go to the food court to get something to eat.

On my way there several fans stopped and I signed things suck as there T-shirts, the back of there phones or even the things they had just recently purchased.

After I had finished eating I walked around out of pure boredom.

I walked buy a jewelry store and I looked at the rings in the case that they had on display.

Some of them were very gaudy with several diamonds surrounds several other but my eyes landed on a simple one.

It was a 24k gold ring with a small diamond placed along the band and one medium sized diamond placed in the middle of it.

"May I help you with anything sir?" A woman behind the counter asked me.

"Yeah." I say to her and point to the case, "I want that one right there. I don't care how much it cost, that's the one I want."

****

I walked around the backstage area looking for Renee but I honestly couldn't find her anywhere.

"Hey Dean," I ask as he walked by, "Have you seen Renee?"

"Uh," he thought for a moment, "The sitting area. Not too far from catering man."

"Thanks." I say to him, "Good luck with Wyatt tonight."

"Thanks man." He said to me before taking off in the other direction.

I continued my way to where Dean had told me to go but I stopped before I got there, seeing that she was sitting with several other people.

"Like I'll be a lot damn glad when this feud is over." Roman said, "I'm tired of dealing with him."

"I on the other hand," Seth said, "Don't mind beating his ass. He hurt one of my friends. So I don't care."

"Thanks Seth." I heard Renee say and I rose a eyebrow.

"I don't you we were just trying to protect you." Nikki said.

"I should have just listened." She said quietly, "It was all just... A complete mistake."

Hearing her say that practically made my heart shatter into bits and pieces.

"It's a mistake to this fucking planet." John said.

"Tell me about it." Renee mumbled, "It was just waisted time."

"Oh really?" I ask her as I gain all of there attention and she stared at me with wide eyes.

"Brock-" she started to say but I stopped her.

"Save it Renee." I say to her and walk towards the exit of the building

"Brock!" She called after me as she quickly got up from her seat and followed me, "Wait, Brock-"

"No." I say to her as I push open the door and walk out into the dark parking lot to my car.

"Brock please!" She pleaded, "I'm sorry, I didn't meant any of that."

"Sure you didn't." I say as I continue to walk.

"Where are you going?" She asked me and I only shrugged, not wanting to talk to her anymore. But I remembered the item in my pocket.

I stopped waking and dug for it, then tossed it in her direction and continued to walk off.

I glanced back to see her crouched down, looking at it in shock before glancing back up with to me with tears already staining her cheeks.

"Brock." She said one last time before I got into my car, slammed the door shut, started it, and drove off down the road.

Is that's how she really thought of me this whole time? A waist of her time and energy? That I wasn't worth it? Did she only date me because she felt bad for me?

But the way she looked at me when I was leaving. She looked like she regretted every word she said, like she truly didn't mean it.

Maybe she didn't mean it... But if she didn't mean it then she would have never said it.

'Maybe you should just turn around and talk to her.' I thought to myself as I continued to drive, 'Maybe was all just some fuck up situation. Maybe she does actually love you just as much as you love her-"

My thoughts were cut short as I felt the worst pain that I have ever felt in my life, then completely nothing as I drifted off into darkness.