|||Chapter 10|||

Dear Brock

I won't listen to what they say

You shouldn't either...

Love Renee

"I'm pretty sure he has like some kind of decease." Summer protested as I walked towards my car, "Like STD's maybe AIDS-"

"He doesn't." I say to her as I continue to walk away from her.

"And how would you know?" Summer she asked, "I cannot believe you kissed that... That-"

"That what Summer?" I shout at her as I turn around, "What?"

"Beast." She said while scolding at me and I simply roll my eyes and continue to walk away.

"Oh whatever Summer." I say to her as I reach my car and open the door.

"Renee this isn't some kind of fairy tale." She said to me as I got and slammed my door shut, "Guys like him just don't end up with girls like you. We're trying to help you Renee. You're just pushing us away."

I stared the car and pulled out of the parking lot, eager wanting to get away her.

I drive down the highway and back to the hotel where I had decided that I would room with Brock again.

Them telling me to stay away from him, only made me want to talk I him more.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with talking to him. In his friend... A friend that I kissed, but none the less a friend.

I take out my cellphone as I quickly text Brock.

Renee: t-minus 2 minutes before I crash land in your room.

After a few seconds he text back.

Brock: doors open.

I raise a eyebrow at the message. Normally he would at least send a emoji back to my stupid sounding texts. But this one was just a simple two words.

After riding up the elevator to his floor, I exit and walk down the hall to his room. I knock three times on the door and a few seconds later he opens it .

"Hey." I say to him and he just stands there for few seconds before responding.

"Hey." He said plainly before stepping out the way so that I could enter.

"You have a good day?" I ask him. This was honestly the strangest conversation we've ever had and ever only exchanged a few words.

"Yeah." He said while sitting back down on the bed.

"You obviously didn't." I say with a small laugh, "What's bothering you?"

"Nothing." He said back to me.

"Don't lie to me now Brock" I say to him, "I know something's bothering you."

"It's nothing Renee." He said to me again.

"Tell me Brock." I said, "Just talk to me."

"You'll get mad." He said.

"No I won't." I say to him while sitting on the bed next to him, "Now spill it."

He sighed softly and looked away from me.

"Hey." I say while placing a hand on his cheek, "Talk to me."

"Do you..." He started but stopped.

"Do I what?" I ask him.

"Do you talk to other people?" He asked me.