2.7

Harry

I mentally let out a sigh of relief as I pushed the door of my favorite café. I did a shit ton of paperworks (not finished by the way) that only gave me sleepless nights and migraines, everyone in the office was busy including Zayn who was beginning to get cranky from all the dates from Liam he had to cancel.

He kept flipping me off because I teased him relentlessly about it.

As I picked my favorite latte, I couldn't help but remember the time I brought Niall with me here and how he'd choose a different order everytime we visit because he wants to try everything first before picking a favorite when he said that I didn't even care there were people around us I grabbed his face and kissed him then and there.

"Uhm. Are you finished?" A man coughed behind me and I snapped out of the trance I was in, blushing and stepping out of the line to a table at the back.

I was ashamed of myself, of my actions and of my words. I couldn't erase the look on Niall's face when I said those words and although I wanted to stop I just couldn't. I drove him away, it's what I wanted because I know I had no chance to be with him. I'm definitely not Niall's type and I know for a fact that he doesn't want to be in a relationship right now.

And I'm being selfish but I'm done taking risks and getting myself hurt in the process. I've been hurt so many times before and I just didn't want to lose Niall. Someone who never judged me for being me and accepts me as me. People like that are people you should never let go of.

I hate myself for falling in love too quick. I should learn how to control my feelings.

"Excuse me sir but is this seat taken?" A high pitched voice sounds and I look up to see light cerulean colored eyes staring at me. It makes me remember how blue Niall's eyes are.

Oh god how much I love his eyes.

I give him a small smile and shake my head. He nods, grinning at me and taking the seat across from me.

We share a few minutes of relative silence before he speaks up and I'm once again interrupted from my thoughts.

"England really is wonderful. There's no place quite like home is it?" He smiles at me, sipping his tea and I wonder if he's talking to himself or to me because I'm pretty sure I don't know him but I decide to respond anyway.

"It is yeah." I felt awkward and I'm sure he notices it but chooses to ignore it as he waves his hand in the air, a big grin still etched on his face.

"Pretty sure I'm confusing you right now mate but I-uh you see, I left England when I was fifteen to live in America and I've never had the chance to go back until now of course so yeah it all feels new to me but it's like home you know? Like I don't know. It feels different here." He smiles and I nod, now understanding what he was talking about.

"Why leave in such an... Early age? I mean if you don't mind me asking." I ask awkwardly and he clasps his hands together, looking around before looking back at me with the same smile he greeted me with.

"To study there and also to learn a bit of my father's business. My stepfather was a businessman and they needed someone who would continue that and all my siblings were women, had no interest in business at all so I was the only choice and then I took it. It turned out great, America was lovely. Have you visited it yet?" He raises one eyebrow and sips his coffee.

"Oh yeah I have. Once, beautiful country. I wouldn't mind living there really. You're a lucky man." He takes his cup down and hums, tapping his bottom lip.

"I-yeah I guess I am yeah." I know he wanted to say something but when my eyes caught a glimpse of the time. I knew I had to go.

"Shit. Duty calls." I chuckle, grabbing my coffee and Louis furrows his eyebrows.

"You off to work?" He asks and I nod before offering him my hand and he stands and takes it.

"If we meet again I promise you, I'll listen again, I know you have many stories to tell and you need a friend here, I can be that." He shakes my hand, giving me a grateful smile.

"Yeah lad. Thanks...?"

"Oh. Harry Styles." I look at the clock again and curse myself. Fuck I can't be late.

"The name's Louis, Harry. See you soon. Don't trip on your way out." I laugh at that pulling my hand away and running towards the exit, giving him a smile before heading go the office again.

-

"Harry! Harry!"

"Go away." I grumble, typing on my computer. I had five more paperworks to do and I can't wait for it to be done with and I find myself glaring at Zayn after calling my name for the umpteenth time.

"I'm trying to work here Zay- what's wrong?" I take my glasses off and look at my best friend's distressed state.

"It's Niall. He's in the hospital, Harry."

-

author's note: i know that it's not my best chapter but yayyy louis is here! y'all ready for some larry lovin? lmaooo don't worry about it. narry will be the endgame! or.... will they be? ahahahaha okay you can yell at me for updates or tell me how shitty i am in writing on my twitter @.dunkirkhoe

qotd: in a scale of 1 to 10. how much do you miss narry?