2.3

Harry

It was weird waking up without Niall next to me but I knew I had to get used to it somehow because our moments together is coming to an end and he won't be mine anymore.

He was never mine to begin with.

I turned to my side, looking at my window and sighing. I stand up stretching and then I go downstairs just to find out that Niall has left.

Hey,
I needed to get home early. thanks. have a nice day, harry.

I don't know why I was sad. Maybe because I finally felt that everything was changing.

-

Niall

"What happened? And stop that." Ashley decided to take my cigarette before stomping it on the ground making me glare at her.

"I thought you're done with that already." I sighed, I was confused and frustrated that I needed one. I just need to calm my nerves.

"I... I'm just stressed. I don't know. Harry's been acting really strange." I confessed, rubbing my arms up and down as if it will help me get warm.

"How strange?" She asked and led me inside the store, collecting her things on the counter.

"Well like, at first he wants us to talk and now it's all about sex, we never talk anymore and it's just weird. I don't want to feel like I did something wrong when I clearly know I didn't do anything to upset him but maybe I did? And I didn't realize it and now- oh my god." I panicked. I just wanted us to get back to where we were before. I don't know why but I feel uncomfortable now even though our relationship should be really like this. Less talks, more sex but not with Harry.

It's supposed to be different. Harry was supposed to be different.

"Niall..." Ashley sighs, looking me in the eyes and scratching the back of her neck.

"Harry likes you, if you haven't noticed yet." My eyes go wide at that and I laugh, shaking my head vigorously.

"I'm not in the mood for jokes ash-"

"He's a hopeless romantic, Niall. Old fashioned. That's his problem right? And you're the one supposed to solve that. Make it all about "sex" but Niall I don't think you helped at all. Yeah, you made him dominant but he's still him, babe. He didn't change." Ashley says and I just can't agree with it because he can't, he can't fall in love with me.

Harry's too good for me. He's the light. I'm only the darkness and I don't want to drag him with me. He's just too good.

"I know you're not in love with him yet because you protect your heart and you never let yourself fall for someone but Niall, your past doesn't make you, put it behind already-"

"You don't get it, Ash. I can't. I can't forget it! It will always be with me and if Harry knows- if he knows about him, us, about my past I'm going to lose him and I don't want that. I might not be in love with him but I know for a fact that I don't want to lose him." I say, my breathing comes in short pants and I can feel tears well into my eyes. Remembering everything, remembering him, my dad.

"Niall." Ashley comes to hug me and I surprise myself, crying into her shoulder.

"He's gone. He's never going to come back babe. You're free. Please don't cry babe." I feel so small as she rocks me back and forth but I just want to stop living in fear and dread. I want to be able to live my life the way that I want to.

"Ashley we don't know that- I don't-"

"Please, just for once. Let yourself be happy and from what I see, Harry makes you happy. You deserve happiness babe and I hate to see you like this." She kisses my forehead and at this moment I've never been so grateful that I have her as my friend.

I don't know what I'd do without her.

"We don't even know if he likes me." I sniffle and she rolls her eyes at me, wiping my tears away.

"Babe, have you seen yourself? And that ass? He likes you." I chuckle, untangling myself from Ashley and smiling.

"You dumbass. Thank you, Ash." I hug her tightly again, still feeling incredibly grateful.

"I'll always be here for you. You know that right? You deserve the world, Ni." I only nod before pulling away.

"Are you done with work?" I look at my watch, knowing it's almost time when Jacob's school ends.

"Let's pick your son up." She takes her bag and I nod.

-

"Papa!" Jacob comes running to me the moment he sees me and I carry him in my arms, spinning him around.

"My prince. How are you today?" I ask as I put him down, brushing the fringe off of his face.

"I got a star papa!" He shows me the back of his hand, a star on it and I pinch his cheeks, proud that he's doing so well in school.

"Where's auntie ashley? Papa and why are you here?" My heart aches at that, lately I wasn't doing a great job in being a father. I know what I'm doing is for us, for us to survive financially but I still have to find time for him.

"Papa's sorry. You know that Papa loves you very much right? Because I do. Very much." I cup his cheeks and leaves kisses all over his face he giggles and cups my cheeks in his small hands in return.

"Of course papa. I love you too. Can we get ice cream? Aren't you busy tonight?" I take his hand in mine while we walk towards Ashley.

"Someone's calling you." I furrow my eyebrows and take my phone, seeing Harry's name on display.

"Hello?"

"Are you free tomorrow night?"

"Uhm yes?"

"Go on a date with me."

Well fuck.

-

a/n: this chapter sucks ass but a little background from niall's past and he's a dad rinfjendjebskshwkbsishsjs yes he is. i hope you all are doing good! how's hell? i mean school? haha! will you check out my new narry horror au? its on my profile! xx

dedicated to @narryfit

qotd: should niall say yes and go with harry on a date?