Chapter 13- A promise.

The rocks before them was being open, one by one until the two faced their comrades together with other konoha agents. Sasuke was the first to go out, face calm and somewhat happy. He lend out his hand for Sakura to help her. The woman gladly took his hands and gave him a smile.

Naruto came to them asking if they're hurt but the two reassured him. And the blonde knucklehead was sensing something different. He raised one of his brows but didn't bother to ask them.

Sai who was on the phone probably talking to someone, walk up to them. "Director Senju ordered us to come back, I told her Itachi has escaped. We'll come back and try to analyze where he is hiding."

And it surprise them that Sasuke agreed easily and seemed to be fine with it. However they didn't bother him and they proceed inside the jet.

--

As soon as they arrived at the Headquarters of Konoha, the four of them marched on the hallway to Tsunade's office. As they reached the director's office door, Ino meet them.

"The director only wants Uchiha." She told them, the four exchange curious looks. Naruto shrugged and leave, Sai also leave with Ino.

"I'll go to your apartment later." The raven whispered and Sakura nodded. She watched as he made his way inside the director's office.

She smiled to herself and put her hand on her back linking it together. She turned around and decided to go back to her apartment.

--

The pink haired woman step outside her balcony, the cold night breeze brushed her skin sending goosebumps. But nonetheless, she enjoyed it. She let the air sway her pink hair.

Just then, two strong arms wrapped her waist. She noticed the scent and relaxed in his arms. It was Sasuke ok? So she didn't need to panic. If its someone else she would have pulled her gun under her nightgown and aim it at the stranger.

Sasuke inhaled her scent as he tightened his grip on her waist. He rested his chin on her shoulder, tilted his head so that he can burry his head in the crook of her neck.

Sakura smiled widely as her hand lifted to caress his raven hair. His hot breath tickling her neck.

They didn't feel uncomfortable nor awkward as silence engulfed them. It's so better to be so close to the one you love. But then, Sakura decided to break the silence.

"What did the director told you?" She asked and Sasuke 'hmmed' shifting his head so that he could speak.

"She told me to come back tomorrow so that we can work on tracking Itachi. But.."

"But?"

"She said its only me and Naruto who's going."

At that statement, Sakura jerked off his embrace and face him with a worried look. "Only you and Naruto?!"

"Yeah. Don't be mad, I'm the one who asked her. I don't want my future wife to die early." He smirk.

"You idiot.." Sakura muttered as she pushed him lightly. Though, his chuckle weakened her, making her fall into his arms again.

"Sasuke-kun." She spoke softly. "Be careful ok? I also don't want my future husband to die early."

Sasuke cupped her cheeks and brought her close to his face. "I won't."

Then he pulled her and placed his mouth on her. Under the night sky, they shared a passionate kiss.

------x