Chapter 10- Team 7

A year and half passed, it's been a rough year for Sasuke. Ever since Sakura brought him into Konoha, the workers and other agents didn't welcome him well. It was only Sakura and Naruto who supported him, but not until he took all missions assigned for him, trained hard, and strived hard to gain everyone's trust. Especially Tsunade.

The old woman gave him a hard time, like putting him under surveillance for 1 month and half. And forcing him to live with Sakura for 4 months, but at least he didn't hate that part. The pinkette is really kind that he found very comfortable, but the fact that she really cares about him like he didn't kill anyone before annoys him. But it made his heart warm though.

And finally, what he's been wishing for years is granted.

"Welcome and Congratulations Uchiha Sasuke." Tsunade hands out her hand for the raven man to shake. Sasuke paused a little but then smirk, he lifted his hand then shook her hand. The crowd around them clapped their hands with smiles plastered on their faces, welcoming the Uchiha who's once a criminal. Naruto patted his shoulder congratulating him. A bad thing though that Sakura is not here with them, she's off for a mission with a guy named Sai. That guy, he despise him. And he doesn't even know why.

He knew all well that everyone has already trusted him. And this is a big step towards his goal. His goal of killing Itachi.

--

"Team 7..?" Naruto muttered as he stared at the director with a confuse face. He turned his head to glance at the other three person beside him. Sasuke, Sakura and Sai.

Tsunade nodded her head and spoke. "Yes, I'm turning you into a team and your team is team 7. Since the three of you Sakura, Naruto and Sai, were level 7 agents. And Sasuke even if he's still a level 3 agent, I can assure you that he'll be working with you as a team because of the mission I'll assign you."
The said agents now held serious looks on the faces.

Then Tsunade opened her mouth to speak again. "Uchiha Sasuke, I entrust them to you." The other three were shock to hear that the once criminal Uchiha Sasuke will lead them. But why him?

"And I entrust the mission of eliminating Uchiha Itachi to the four of you."

--

As soon as they went out and started walking to whenever they want, the blonde male started to blabber things about this and about that. He complained about how he got into a team with Sai and Sasuke and about Sakura being the leader and not him.

But thanks to Sai, his blabbering stopped when the artist pulled him inside the elevator. Leaving the other two in the deserted hallway. Sakura glance at Sasuke as he glared at the elevator the two just went inside.

"Hey Sasuke-kun." Hearing that she added a suffix, his head snapped to look at her with a confuse look. "You should thank me because I was the one who suggested that mission to the director." She added.

Sasuke once again gave her a confuse look, then he asked. "Why?"

"Well, it's because I told her about your goal, to help you. And maybe she thinks its good since your brother was so famous around Japan, for you know..killing them." She bit her bottom lip hanging her head down, expecting a rough response from him. And it did came, Sasuke had pinned her on the wall. Luckily, there's no one around yet.

Sakura winced as her back made an impact on the wall, her wrists were grasped by Sasuke's big and cold hands. Then, the raven haired man stared at her emerald eyes as he placed his forehead on hers. Sakura shivered as she could feel his hot breaths.

"I just noticed.." He spoke. "That you're so nice to me always. Why is it Sakura?" He asked her.

Sakura eased on his grip as he averted his gaze then stared at her own shoes as if they were the magnificent things in the whole world. But deep inside her mind, thoughts and questions lingers. Thoughts about Sasuke, and questions for herself.

"I came to like you, Sasuke-kun.."

This time, she directly looked into his onyx eyes, staring at them intently. But she saw nothing, yet hers held different kinds of emotions.

And then, Sasuke let go of her. He turned his back on her and begun to walk away. Leaving the pinkette all alone.

------x