Mehndi

Ashley's POV

Okay now Virat is mad at me. I have to say sorry to him but i can't find him anywhere.
I went to the palace lake and saw Virat leaning againt a tree.
I tapped on his shoulder making him turn around. "I'm sorry Virat" i said. "It's okay, just don't do it again. And i'm sorry for shouting at you" he said. "It's okay" i smiled.

I was back in my room, took a long hot shower and changed in my Sesame Street night suit.

I woke up at 7am and had a short shower. I changed into a peach sports bra, black yoga pants, brown shoes. I put my hair in a messy ponytail. I put my headphones on and took my gym bag with me.

I had proper breakfast and headed to the studio but today i chose to ride on my bike

I had proper breakfast and headed to the studio but today i chose to ride on my bike. I've already told Virat i'll see him at the studio. Today was the last day of practise so we have to be great!

I arrived at the studio talked a bit with Sam but Virat was 10 minutes late. "What were you doing?" I asked. "Oh an aunty held me back, making me carry her dog" he said annoyingly.
I chuckled at his response. "Come now, i want to win this sangeet" i said confidently.

Our rehearsal was going great until i got a call from Mahi bhai. "Ashu, please come na! Ashwin is hurt badly" Mahi bhai complained. "But bhai i'm at dance practise" i tried to convince him but it was no use. "Okay, fine. I'll be there in a few" i sighed. "Guys i'm really sorry but i have to go help Ashwin. I'll be back in a few" i explained. They just nodded.

I was back at the palace and headed to Ashwin's room. I knocked on the door and Yuvi bhai opened it. "Thank god you're here" he sighed. I'm sure Ashwin was a pain in the ass.
I saw Ashwin moaning and holding his foot.
"Hi guys, so what's the problem?" I asked Ashwin. He just pointed to his foot. "And how did you hurt your foot?" I asked. "Ashu, i was trying to do ballet" he explained. I rolled my eyes and held his foot tightly. I twisted it once and Ashwin wasn't complaining anymore.
"Okay guys, see you later. I have to go back to practise" i waved a goodbye.

I was back at the studio. We were doing just fine when Sam had to go somewhere. He would come back soon and told us to continue. "So tell me Ashley, what was Ashwin's problem?" Virat asked. "He sprained his foot while trying to do ballet" i smirked.

It was 4pm and we had to go back to the palace now. I was racing Virat to the palace on our bikes. I arrived there first, as usual.
Vee had something to take care of. I went to my room and pulled out my clothes for tomorrow. Virat didn't come back so i decided to watch a movie.

It was 9pm and i haven't heard anything from Virat. I decided to ignore it and go to sleep.

I woke up at 7am. I took a long shower. Took my clothes to Ayeshaa's room. They will do my make up there. I knocked on her door and she opened it with a big smile on her face. "So you excited for your mehndi?" I asked her. She nodded like a 5-year-old kid. I chuckled at her. I changed into my blue and gold lenga. It doesn't have dupatta but it's cool. I wore the jewelry set Virat gave me. The make-up artists did a good job. My lips were peach i had smokey eyes. A little tint of blush. My hair was braided and put in a bun.

When we were all ready we headed downstairs

When we were all ready we headed downstairs. We had breakfast first and headed to the big lobby, it was decorated in the purple orchid me and Virat had chosen. It was beautiful. I sat down and a mehndi artist sat infront of me. I chose my design and she went to work. "What letter?" She asked. I was going to say 'A' when Virat beat me to it and said 'V'
"What the fuck Virat?" I said annoyed. "Arrey aap pleas 'A' hi likhye" i told the girl. But she wrote V. I turned around to see Virat mouthing 'V'. "Virat, you're not my boyfriend" i said sending him a death glare. But he ignored me and his eyes were on the jewelry set i was wearing. "Do you like it?" He asked. "No" i answerd simply. His face fell. "I love it" i smiled. He grinned. "Thanks again Virat, i really love it" i said kissing his cheek. And i saw a flash. Great now they took a photo of me kissing Virat's cheek.

My mehndi was done and it was lunch time. I looked for my slave Virat to feed me and found his near the Banyan tree. "Virat, feed me" i pouted. He nodded and followed me to the dining hall. Virat was feeding me puri when i saw another flash. "Ignore it, Ashley" i said to myself. Virat and i were having fun when Ayeshaa asked me to show her my mehndi. I showed her and she looked at it shocked. "What?" I asked "Your mehndi says 'V'. You and Virat are a couple?" She asked. I glared at Virat who just smirked. "No Ayeshaa, this idiot told the mehndi designer to write 'V' in my mehndi. I protested but it was no use" i explained. "You know Virat and you wouldn't be a bad couple. You guys look cute together" she said. I sent her a are-you-kidding-me look. Which made her laugh.

We were all  squeezing lemons on our mehndi except me. I didn't it put on mine because it had Virat's name on it.

We were washing our hands and everyone was happy they had a dark colour of their mehndi. I washed mine and it was very very dark. Ayeshaa looked at me shocked. "What now?" I asked her. "You didn't squeez lemon on your mehndi yet it's very very dark. That means Virat loves you very much Ashley" she explained. And that made me think. I believed very much in these rituals. I ran as fast as i could. I found Virat again under that Banyan tree. He saw me and came towards me. I just simply showed him my hands. "Wow, Ashley. It's a very dark colour" he said shocked. "I didn't squeez lemon on it" i said simply. He looked at me speechless. "Tell me Virat, is there anything you would like to tell me?" I asked. "Ashley..i-i uhm i really love you" he said. As soon as those words fell out of his mouth i couldn't believe it.
I shook my head, walking backwards. I turned around to walk away  Virat held my wrist and pulled me toward him. My right hand landing on his chest just like our dance.
He looked me in the eyes with love. He leaned in and before i knew it he was kissing me. I backed away again, i had tears in my eyes. I ran away as fast as i could.
Virat was shouting my name but i didn't stop.

The only thing on my mind was that Virat loved me. He loved me.