Preeti

Ashley's POV

Today we were headed to Punjab. I was so excited that i'm going to meet my family.
We didn't live far from the stadium so i decided to stay with my family for two days.
I decided to wear a pink/white patiala suit with a orange dupatta. With pink bangles.

I was sitting next to Virat this time. I put my legs in his lap and decided to take a nap. I woke up to someone poking me in my stomach. "Ki hoya?" I asked in punjabi.
"Ashley, get up. We're in Punjab!" Yuvi bhai shouted. "What?! We're here. Omg finally i'm going home!" I shouted with excitement.
We were waiting for our luggage when i saw the newspaper. It was a photo of me and Virat waving at each other at the stadium. I decided to ignore it.
"Guys, my mom has invited everyone to dinner. So be there at 7pm sharp. And i don't want to hear a no" i explained. Everyone just smiled.

The bus dropped me off infront of my house. Virat came inside with me to meet everyone and so did Mahi bhai. My mom ran out of the house hugging me like crazy. I hugged her back. "Sat sri akaal, mom" i said. I then saw my dad come out with the newspaper in his hands. Oh no..."Sat sri akaal daddy" i started but he cut me off by hugging me. I was taken back at first. I thought he would be mad at me for having a boyfriend and not telling him.

Everyone turned around to Mahi bhai and Virat. After a few minutes they had to go.

Soon it was time for dinner. My dad has been very cool about the news and he didn't believe what the media said.
I changed into a baby pink/ gold anarkali suit.

Everyone arrived just in time for dinner

Everyone arrived just in time for dinner. We had a big house so that was no problem.
I introduced my parents to everyone. After a few minutes my brother made an entry.
"Bhai!" I shouted and hugged him tight. I didn't let go of him for a few minutes. Everyone was laughing, chatting and having a good time but then Preeti came by. And Preeti is always bad news. I looked at bhai and he gave me a
I-didn't-know-she-was-going-to-be-here look.

"Hello Preeti" i said while standing up.
"Hello Ashu" she said with a fake smile.
"What brings you here?" I asked with a serious tone. "Oh come on Ashu, ab main apni dost se bhi nahi mil sakti" she said while faking another smile. "We were never friends Preeti. Now tell me why you're here" i said now annoyed. Everyone was now looking at me.
"Don't joke around Ashu, i know you love me" she started. I looked at my brother and gave him a do-something-or-i-might-kill-her look. Bhai stood up grabbed Preeti's hand and led her out of the house. I wonder what she really wanted. I will ask her that later.

When we were done with dinner everyone was in the living ot in the garden having a chat.
I went to the roof and just stood there watching stars. I looked beside me and Virat was staring at me. "Why do you hate her?" He asked. "Because she always takes what's mine" i whispered. "Like?" He asked. "Virat, she had made my life hell. Whenever i won something or i was about to win something. She would cheat her way in and pretend that we're friends and that nothing happened. She was here because of you guys not bacause we're friends."

I hugged Virat "You're a great friend Virat. What did i do to deserve a friend like you in my life?" I asked hugging him tightly.
"I'm glad i came into your life Ashley. You mean a lot to me. We'll always be friend. No matter what, i'm here for you." He finished.
"Thank you Virat" i smiled while i let go of him.

Everyone was gone now except Virat. He was talking to my dad and laughing about something i just sat with my mom. I saw bhai joining the conversation Virat and dad were having.

"Ashley beta, why don't you get married?" Mom asked. "Married? Mom i'm not ready to get married yet. Plus i haven't found 'the one' yet." I explained. "But still beta, look at you. You're beautiful, you're well educated, you're a physio and work with The International Indian Cricket Team. Any boy would be happy to have you in his life." She explained.
"But still mom, mujhe koi achhaa ladka chahiye. Someone i love more than myself." I said. "I understand, now go and take some rest." She said. I stood up and made my way to my dad who was still talking to Virat. Bhai was nowhere to be seen. "Ashley beta, come here. I really like this friend of yours." Dad said. I looked at Virat, he just winked at me.
"Virat, it's getting late. You have practise tomorrow." I said concerned. "Oh you want me to go?" He pouted. "You know it's not like that" i said. By now my dad has left us alone.
"I know what it's like Ashley. Now hug me before i go." He said. I hugged him and as a bonus i kissed him on the cheek.
"Goodnight Virat, i'll see you tomorrow." I said while waving him goodbye.
"Bye Ashley!" He shouted and left.
I turned around and saw bhai smirking at me.
"What?" I asked. "Do you like him?" He asked.
"He is my friend bhai, it's not like that." I explained. "But i can see that he like you" he started but i cut him off. "Well that's too bad i'm not getting into a relationship for 5-6 months. After what happened with Arjun i don't want to be in a relationship for some time." I explained. Bhai just nodded and wished me goodnight.

When i got into my bed i asked myself the questions.

"Was i ready to get into a relationship?"
"Did i like Virat?"
"Does Virat like me?"
"But we were friends right?"

I fell asleep, still with these questions in my head.