Some One On One...Two Time

Chapter 24

I walked through the front door of The Twins parent’s house to have Kat and Jake rush forward asking what had happened. Looking at the two of them felt like old times the only difference is that they were holding hands now and completely looked like a united front.

I held my hand up to stop their voices “Jake where are your father’s?” He raised his hand to point towards the kitchen and I set off in that direction. They were cleaning the kitchen while Grace sat at the table reading the paper. Isn’t it the men that sit and read the paper while the women clean?

I look at Ryan and Ryder over my shoulder as they followed quietly behind me and gave them a look that said “I hope you’re seeing this.” They both in complete unison rolled their eyes at me. It was cute.

Graham seen me first. “April, how did the talk go with your dad?” I could hear the concern in his voice. “Well let’s just say he isn’t every happy at all. I seriously thought he was going to blow a fuse.”

Graham slightly winced and I continued before anyone else could talk. “He also wants to know Garrett, would you like your 100 in 2 50s or 5 20s?” Garrett’s and Graham’s faces visually paled and their gaze went to Grace who looked confused.

I walked over to the fruit bowl on the bench and grabbed a couple of grapes looking closely at them while saying innocently “I thought gambling was illegal in this state?”

Oh I knew what I was doing and I knew Grace hated that her husband’s made a bet out of everything and would let them have one of her “Gambling is Inappropriate” speeches that lasted for a good 40 minutes.

“So you can understand why Dad was so angry, he really hates to lose” I said giving Graham and Garrett a smile that said “I win.”

I turned and squeezed past The Twins, glancing at their amused smiles, Jakes laugh boomed through the kitchen and the last thing I heard was Grace voice sternly saying “My dear husbands, let’s go sit in the lounge, I need to talk to you both”  and then both of their groans.

Nobody liked to be on the receiving end of a Grace Talk, but hey I figured now The Twins parents will be busy for a while and I can spend some one on one time with my men.

Once back in their flat, I excused myself to use the bathroom. I knew if this was going to happen, I would have to catch them off guard. They were the ones that wanted to take things slow this time and well I was going to use the one thing against them that I knew would sway them…. Me.

I took off all of my clothes and took a look at myself in the mirror my body had changed a little in the last 3 years. I had filled out a little more, the full hour glass figure. I was never fully happy with my looks and that hadn’t changed but Ryan and Ryder loved me back then and I was hoping that they would still like what they saw.

Giving myself and encouraging nod in the mirror I grabbed a towel to wrap around myself thinking that if I stepped out of the bathroom I could drop it for dramatic affect. Hand on the door handle, the self-doubt started to raise. Taking a deep breath and releasing it with an airy “fuck it” I dropped the towel, opened the door and walked out.