Feelings

Chapter 30

Sitting on the uncomfortable lounge in the motel room that I convinced Dad and the twin’s to get because no one was really in the state to start the long drive home. I will admit that I was hurting honestly who wouldn’t? I just can’t seem to think clearly enough to work through my feelings.

No one has really spoken too much. The twin’s look like they are calmed down a lot and are just watching me almost like I am going to completely lose it at any moment. My dad is still angry, his eyes are still a dead give-away that his tiger is wanting out still and he is pacing the motel room. Watching him I feel guilty for doing this to him. For putting him in this situation, even though he encouraged me to do this I just feel like it would have been like a bit of a punch to the gut for him.

Pushing myself off the lounge I walked across the room to him and threw my arms around him, he was the man who raised me, he was my dad. His body was tense as his arms went around me to cuddle me back. “Are you OK April?” dad’s voice was still rough sounding but it was easy to hear the concern in it for me.

I pulled back I little to look at him and tried to blink away the glassy look in my eyes before I spoke. “You are an amazing man Dad. Every memory I have growing up you are in it. Every time I fell you always were there to catch me, you chased away the monsters that hid in my room. You encouraged me to do my best even if I failed at it. You held my hand and make sure I made it through the dark times growing up while you suffered in silence. What I am trying you say is without you I wouldn’t be the person I am today. That we may not have the same blood running through us but we have the same heart and that counts for so much more and I love you.”

I thought I did really well saying that because I thought that by the time I had finished I would be doing the ugly crying and you wouldn’t be able to understand a word I was saying but only a few tears had escaped and my voice was only a little shaky.

Dad pulled me back into his arms and I know it was because he didn’t want me to see him crying. I think me saying what I had said really meant a lot to him and he needed to hear them. “I love you too April, I have from the moment you took your first breath I loved you and I will continue to until the end of time. I am so proud that I get to call you my daughter” his words were thick with emotion and I knew that we, that our relationship wouldn’t change because of this.

We pulled apart again and he gave me a sly smile as he wiped the tears from his eyes. A shaky laugh came from me as I did the same. I glanced around the room and the twins were gone. “They went into the bedroom to give us some privacy” dad’s voice pulled me back to him and I nodded.

“I have the contract still if you want to read it.” He said “Dad, we both know I am not signing a contract. If I decide to do this it will be for this boy and not his father. If I decide to do this I will be the one stating the demands not the other way around.” Dad just smiled at me then his face went serious again. “You need to know what your risks are going in to this if it is what you decide and I will be there with you as much as you want me and as much as the twin’s will let me.”

Smiling at him “You might as well go home then I only have to hands and you know that they will take claim over them.” Dad laughed the tension in his body had disappeared and his face was relaxed “Bloody Twins, of cause you would end up having them as your mates.” His words put a smile on my face so big because they were my mates and I was so lucky to have them.

Dad was in a better mood and I was happy about that. He knew how I was feeling towards him and I wasn’t concerned that our relationship would become shaky over all of this. Now I needed to see how Ryan and Ryder were doing.