Home Is Where The Heart Is??

Firstly thanks to everyone that is voting and commenting!!! And A massive HELLO to all my new followers. All of you are fabulous.

Chapter 16

They say home is where the heart is but my heart isn’t fully here. I have been home in Johnston for about two weeks now and I have yet to say my final goodbye to The Twins.

My plan from the start was to go to the places that stand out in my mind with them. The first one was easy, my house that I lived in with dad and had come home too. That one was unavoidable I had to face it as soon as I arrived here.

The memories are bitter sweet. Memories of our bathroom time together, the first time I made love to Ryan on my bed, that awkward first morning I came down to breakfast and the whole Taylor family was sitting their. Some of these memories still make my thighs clench together and that tight feeling in my low stomach.

The second place was the Taylor’s house up the road. Surprisingly they had left the spare key where it had always been in their departure. No one was home and by the looks of it hadn’t been home in a long time. A thick coat of dust covered everything. There was no warmth like their once had been.

Jake’s room was messy like it had always been. Dirty clothes tossed on the ground. School text books sitting on his desk from where they had been opened from his last study time. I laughed at the memory of the twins running into his room naked and Jake screaming at them like a girl to cover up and not sit on his bed. Oh how I missed my best friend.

In the twins flat I was completely taken back. Tast time I was here it was cold and uninviting now even though dust covered everything the place was different. Photos of me were everywhere. There were photos of me Sleeping, Laughing and Reading. Photos of me throughout my high school years, those horrible ones of your first couple of years in high school when you are still trying to find yourself. There was even a photo from Jake’s 16th birthday of me at the steak house we went too and I was eating ribs. I didn’t even know that photo existed. No body needs a photo of themselves eating ribs. You got class April.

On the bed side table in their room was a photo of the three of us. It was taken one morning just after I woke up. I’m in the middle of the Ryan and Ryder. Ryder is the one taking the picture. Were are all smiling and look so happy and relaxed. My heart breaks a little more knowing that will never be the case again.

I use my finger to draw a love heart on the glass of the picture frame in the fine dust that was left on it around the three of us and sit it back where it was. I wanted to take it. To have some photo evidence that what we had was real but I’m moving forward and saying goodbye to this so having a photo will keep me holding on to something that is only a memory now.

I open a draw and pull out a shirt and hold it to my nose. It only smells of dust the unique smell that I have for the twins isn’t their. So with a heavy heart I left the Taylor’s for the last time.

The third place was my old school. I really can’t say that there were many great happy memories there it seemed to be the place were all the shit went down but it is also a place that holds strong memories of the twins. Luckily even though it was summer I got in contact with Mr Bowen and he gladly agreed to let me wander around the school. My last stop was the hallway of the incident. It all replayed so clearly in my head. It was like I was standing on the side and watching it play out. I tried to imagine what would have happened if I had just said “yes” but I couldn’t. Like always there were to many what ifs.

The forth place I went to was the beach. The place I first saw the twins after they arrived back for there time away when they had first shifted. Kat, Jake and me, all of us in our drunken state sitting around the small fire. Then me trying to seduce boys to help me scratch an itch that was so strong inside of me. My sex on the dance floor dancing with Ryan and telling Ryder to fuck off. It was so long ago but the memories are still so clear in my head.