Serious Father Daughter Talk

Chapter 23

Staring at my front door trying to will my hand to reach up and open it seemed to be impossible. My arms felt like they weighed a tonne and weren’t listening to my brain. The simple task was the only thing that stood in the way of dads and my talk.

An arm slide around my waist, making me jump and spin around. Ocean Blue eyes staring into mine that showed concern. “Want me to come in with you Baby?” Ryder asked. All I could manage is to shake my head as a no in answer. Dad had said alone and I didn’t want to cause anymore issues by not respecting that request.

One of his hands left my waist and I slightly turned to watch him open my front door. When he pulled his hand back he brought it up to cup my face so that I was forced to look back in to his eyes. “If you need me or Ryan call and we will come running Ok. You shouldn’t be doing this alone. We should be in there with you talking to your dad.” I nodded and leant up on my toes to peck his lips and taking in a big breath of his smell. Home, Ryder will always have that smell of home to me.

I reluctantly pulled away and entered my house pushing the door closed behind me. I didn’t look back because the urge to run back into Ryder’s arms would be too great. “Dad, I’m home, where are you?” I called out the quiet house. “Kitchen”, I made my way to where he was to find him making us a cup of tea and he gestured for me to sit at the counter on one of the stools.

“Thanks” I said grabbing my tea when he slid it across the counter, busying myself with it waiting for him to talk. After what felt like forever his voice broke the silence in the kitchen. “I had my money on you holding out longer than the first night that you knew that the Twins were back.” My head whipped up to look at him “What?”

“Come on April I knew that you would get back with them. Being mates, your bond is too strong to just walk away. I had to let you say goodbye to them. It was the only way that when they returned you could forgive them and move forward. All of the feelings you had back in high school stood in the way of committing 100%. You weren’t comfortable with yourself to be comfortable with them. The time apart has only forged a strong bond. I just hoped you make them sweat it out a bit longer, I now owe Garret $100.” He grumbled the last bit.

“You bet money on me and the Twins?” I asked in shock, what father does that? “It was Garret’s idea he was bragging that the twins would work their twin magic on you and you would forgive them straight away. Graham said 3 days. I went with 36 hours. Though none of us would have guess that you would have agreed to marry them. That I must say that was a shock.”

I let out a nervous laugh, what was I meant to say to that. I myself was still shocked that I said yes and was going to say “I Do” to the both of them.

“So is this what you wanted to talk about Dad?”

“No April, I got a call from a man claiming to know your biological father, he thought that you might want to meet him.”

All I could do was stare at my dad, the man that has raised me. Now he is claiming the person that donated his sperm to my mother in a short lived fling the two of them shared and fled when she had told him that she was pregnant with me is now making his presence known. Why would I want anything to do with him? He made his choice a long time ago where I was concerned and I made mine shortly after I found out that he was out there somewhere.