Chapter Ten || I'm Sorry

Start from the beginning

"Drinks?" I asked, flashing her a cheeky grin and I could see the hesitation fill her eyes. But she finally nodded her head and trotted after me.

~~~

Now, maybe I'm not the best when it comes to drinking and maybe I get drunk really fast. And maybe I was already stumbling all over the place with a very worried Malia chasing after me.

"Lydia! Stop, no don't go-" I could hear her call out but I whipped around giggling uncontrollably. Wrapping my arms around her neck I started spinning us around to the beat of the music.

"Don't worry bout me Mal, I'm havin fun. You, you should too!" My giggles soon turn into cackles as I burn my face into her shoulder. "Everything is so so funny." I snort and she gives me a weird look.

"Lydia, how many shots have you really had? I saw you take five and I though that was bad enough, but..."

"Uhhhhhh, maybe like twenty?" I snorted out, thinking it was a funny joke and Malia rolled her eyes.

"If you've had twenty I'm pretty sure you'd be dead." She responded flatly and I started laughing harder.

"I know! That's why I said it!"

Malia pulled my arms off her neck and stood up a little straighter, "Alright, Lyds, let's take a break and go sobber you up a bit."

"Mmmkay." I slur, taking her hand when she offers it too me. Together we both push our way through the crowds until Malia finds me a seat and pushes me down on it.

"Woah, kinky." I sputter barely able to keep a straight face as the words tumble out of my mouth. I quickly find myself in another fit of giggles as Malia sighs and passes me a bottle of water.

"Drink." She demands as I take it from her. Before she says anything else her phone starts blaring.

"And I'll bury my love, in the moondust."

My eyes widen at the ringtone.

"Stiles, what's wrong?" I see her eyebrows furrow in confusion, as the music starts up again around us. Grunting, she pulls the phone away from her ear. "Lydia, stay here. I can't hear Stiles and I need to go to the washroom so I can talk to him!" She shouts over the music and I nod my head. My body already swaying to the beat.

She turns and disappears in the crowd as I take a sip of my water. After a while I can feel the buzzing in my body die down more, but I was still tipsy when he appeared.

Aiden. His hair a mess on his face and my heart ached as I stared at him. My drunken self stood up at the sight of my ex boyfriend who gave me a kind look.

"Lydia." He mumbled before stepping forward to grab my hips. I can't think straight at the moment but as I feel him cup my face, my body turns sour. "I missed you baby." He whispers and his breath smells like alcohol.

He forced his slimy lips to mine, and it instantly feels wrong, my body goes cold. But I don't pull away.

"Lydia?" Malia's voice broke through my drunken haze as I pulled away from Aiden. She stares at me in shock, and I've never seen those soft brown eyes look so broken. I try to form words but Malia already was blinking back what look to be tears.

"I'm sorry." She muttered shaking her head before turning and walking off.

Angrily I push Aiden off me, "Fuck off." I snarl before chasing after the skater girl that had caught my attention the moment I laid eyes on her.

~~~

I found her sitting outside, her back facing me as she was staring out at the road.

"Malia?" I ask hesitantly and she quickly turns at my voice. My body is still fuzzy with alcohol, but I can focus on her face. "Why, why are you crying?"

Malia shoulders heave, "I don't know Lydia, I really don't know why." She muttered, her eyes darting down to the ground, "You're a straight girl and I get it! I get that you aren't like me, I just I thought I might've had a chance."

My eyes widen at her words, my legs suddenly feel like nothing as my heart starts pounding against my chest. "What do you mean?"

"I've had a crush on you since I came to Beacon Hills!" She cries, "Ever since freshmen year I couldn't get over how perfect you were, and then somehow we became best friends. But I get it now, I do, you are straight and there's nothing I can do to change that." She finishes, and the night falls still around us.

"Malia I-" But I stop myself, my eyes darting up to look into hers, they were such a soft brown, such a beautiful colour. She was beautiful, not just her looks, her personality. Just her. At the moment I felt like we were the only two people to walk this earth.

Maybe it was the fact that I was still tipsy, or the fact that Malia had just confessed her feeling for me, or the fact that I had reached the point were I was sick of having to hide who I really was.

But I did something I never thought I'd have the guts to do.

I kissed her.

Author Note - Hey ;) Yeah that just happened. Did it happen too quickly? Or was it too slow? I honestly don't know xD
Vote and Comment your thoughts please! The last chapter flopped a little.