Sixty-Two

The party began, and the Alvarez doesn't even know I am here with them celebrating. You see, I wasn't invited to this party. My so-called 'family' decided that I don't need to attend. Well, lucky for them, my best friend's family got invited. Now they won't have to miss me- as if they will. 

I crossed my legs together, and rested my left arm on a white marble railing. I am standing near the railing in a private place. Pinapanuod ko silang lahat kung paano sila mag saya; little did they know, their happy moment will soon be over. 

"It's a nice view, huh?" I heard Ivan's voice behind me

"It would have been nicer if I was down there for a much better view," I said. "But, yeah, this is a nice view to see Saira's Empire." 

Ivan chuckled. "Itching to see their reaction, aren't you?" he asked as he inclined his back to the railing with both of his hands on his front pocket. 

Ivan looks handsome. His wearing a three piece black suit for attire today. Usually, his wearing casual on his everyday look, but he looks more handsome right now. His hair is in a neat hair style going to his left. 

"Not really," kumibit-balikat ako

"Why? Your suppose to be happy and excited for today," he paused. "What's bothering you, Little Monster?" he asked with a concern tone to his voice. 

"Nothing is bothering me," I sighed. "I just haven't quite got a grip of reality that this is really happening." 

Pakiramdam ko kasi, lahat ng 'to isang panaginip pa rin. It hasn't registered to my mind that this is really happening- right here, right now. Maybe I am overwhelmed? I'm not too sure about it. Quite confusing, right? 

"Haha. For someone who wanted to take revenge, you are the first one I've seen with less motivation," Ivan moved his face to mine a little. "Are you sure this is what you wanted, Little Monster?" he added. 

I peeked in the side of my eyes to see him. "This is what I wanted," sagot ko. 

Ivan smiled. "Then gather up your motivation and start getting excited," then he moved away again and took out something from his left pocket. "Since you're the opening act to this show," he said and handed me a mic.