Fifty-Six

Alethea's POV 

Pagkagising ko kanina, dumating si Doc Xian at tinignan ang vitals, IV, and every annoying things a doctor must do to their patients. I didn't like it, but I couldn't protest at all. I felt weak, like I had no more strenght left on me. 

I looked outside the window and inhaled then exhaled. I am sitting down near the window, because I requested to be put there. The wind felt good on my face, but something is bothering me. 

Why did I have that kind of dream?

I asked myself, and a memory of what happened in my dream came flashing back to my mind. It was as if, I am witnessing the same thing before waking up. Napahawak ako sa ulo ko't napapikit. My head felt heavy, but I don't know the cause of it.  

I can't shout for help, because Ivan, Saira, and Veronica aren't here. I can't call for Doc Xain because he had some important things to look at for me. That's why I endured the pain, and curled myself into a ball while using the wall to support me, as I am sitting down. 

"Alethea, Alethea. Can you wake up for me?" I heard a voice that wasn't mine. 

I slowly opened my eyes. At first it was blurry, but a few seconds, my sight became clear. Although, I still couldn't see because there was a bright light that shined brightly into my eyes; making me block it from my sight. 

"Ugh! It's too bright," I complained. 

I heard someone laughed. "Hahaha. You're awake," she said. Yes, it's a woman, but it wasn't the same woman that's been talking to me before. 

"Whose there?" I asked. 

No body answered for a moment and the light started to dim a little. I took my hand, that's blocking the light earlier, away from my face and got a view of what's in front of me. I'm inside a room, but I don't know whose room this is. 

"Hello? I-is someone here?" I asked again as I began to scan my surrounding. 

"Someone is here," the woman answered. 

"Where are you?" I took the blanket off of me, and I crawled to the edge of the bed. I am still scanning my surrouding; looking for that woman. 

Am I died that's why I am in this place? But I can't die, yet. I still have a lot of things I want to do. If I die here now, how am I suppose to fulfill my dreams? How am I suppose to know what my future will be if this is my end? How-

Napatingin ako sa gilid ko ng mag salita ulit siya. "You aren't dead, my dear Alethea," she said a I stare at her. 

Finally, I can see her and I am surprise by the way she looks. The woman is standing near the window wearing a white dress. Her light brown hair complimented her brown eyes. Her eyelashs looked as if water was dropped on top them; it was sparkling. Her dewy face makes her looks like a goddess. 

She's beautiful, but who is she? Am I in some kind of a fantasy? 

"W-who are you?" I asked in confusing state. 

"Alethea, are you happy?" she asked as she changed the topic.

"Am I happy?" I repeated what she said, and she nodded. "Y-yes," I hesitated.

She shook her head. "You aren't telling me the truth, Alethea," she smiled. "Are you happy with your life right now? Are you satisfied with what's happening to you? Tell me Alethea. Tell me what you are feeling," she requested with curiosity in her voice.