Party Time (Assassins)

Assassins

          "Abacus have you seen Apollo?" Cadence stomped her hoof annoyed with trying to find to find the biggest foal she knew.

          "If I had I wouldn't say." Abacus grinned walking past Cadence. Of course he's seen his friend today but Apollo pleaded for Abacus to not tell Cadence where he was if she asked him. Cadence snorted and swished her tail into Abacus's face causing Abacus to stop and hold his head up high trying to avoid being whipped in the eye by her tail hairs.

          "Abacus. Where is Apollo?" Cadence snorted at Abacus annoyed not wanting to play games, she had better things she could be doing instead of fighting with a cocky stallion over where Apollo was.

          Abacus laughed a little and shook his head. He looked at Cadence and raised an eye brow. After a moment of debating, Abacus finally nodded toward the stairs. "He's hiding up stairs in his room." Abacus grinned.

          "Thank you!" Cadence smiled big and trotted toward the stairs but her efforts were halted when she heard the roar of hooves galloping down the up stairs hall way right before she could lay a hoof on the first stair.

          Apollo galloped down the stairs fast. "WHY WOULD YOU TELL HER?!" Apollo tried to gallop past Cadence fast but she bit the tail end of his jacket and pulled him back to her. Cadence smiled proud of herself.

          "Sorry Apollo, Cadence is very convincing." Abacus grinned walking past the two, "and besides," Abacus looked back at Apollo as he walked, "you know how mares can be." Abacus laughed and walked into his work area in the Cave.

          Apollo stood there like a statue. He was hoping that if he didn't move Cadence would forget he was there and go on with her daily princess life but instead the complete opposite happened. Cadence looked up at Apollo.

          "You were trying to avoid me?" Cadence still looked at Apollo with the slightest anger in her eyes. Apollo was afraid of Cadence when she was like this so he swallowed hard nervous.

          "W-what?!... Me?... Avoid you?!..." Apollo scoffed at the thought. "I'd never!" Apollo smiled sheepishly at Cadence hoping that she wouldn't try to rip his throat out.

          "Good!" Cadence smiled and trotted out of the Cave. Apollo watched Cadence walk out of the Cave. "Apollo! You're coming with me! Come on!" Cadence yelled for Apollo outside of the Cave's entrance.

          "Do I have to?..." Apollo knew the answer to that question already but it was worth a shot.

          "Yes you have to!" Cadence rolled her eyes at Apollos question. Why did stallions have to be so stubborn about going to formal things?

          Apollo huffed and followed after Cadence outside of the Cave with his head low. Once he was outside the two walked back to Cadence's castle together. Apollo always loved being with Cadence but the last thing he wanted to do was go to a ball.

          Apollo and Cadence got dressed for the ball, though trying to get Apollo dressed in formal attire was like trying to get a foal to leave its mother. Apollo huffed when he looked at himself in the mirror.

          "Do I really have to wear this Cadence?... Why can't I just wear my jacket?..." Apollo stared at himself in the mirror still. The dark red cape draped down his flank, just as his jacket does, with gold hemming. Two silver plates rested on Apollos shoulders that were connected to the dark red cape and a golden chain across his chest held the whole thing together.

          "I think you look very handsome!" Cadence smiled to herself for having gotten Apollo to wear something other than his assassins jacket for once. "But its not finished yet, you're still missing a piece."

          Apollo knew exactly what Cadence meant. "Don't push it Cadence. Be glad you got me into this!" The last thing Apollo wanted to wear was a crown, he liked them on certain horses but he didn't think he was the kind to ever wear one. It wouldn't match his personality.

          "Please Apollo! Just for tonight?" Cadence walked out carrying the golden chain crown that goes around Apollos right ear.

          Apollo totally zoned out at what Cadence just said. He was way to distracted with how the mare looked. Her dress started off white at the top and changed to black gradually as it went down, it was covered in sparkles. Apollos jaw dropped. He looked up at Cadence. She was wearing the blue necklace she always wore that Apollo gave to her not to long after they met the first time. It meant so much to him that she had kept it this long and always wore it.

          "Apollo?..." Cadence was trying to get Apollos attention. Apollo shook his head regaining focus on what was happening.

          "Huh?" Apollo looked at Cadence confused because he had no idea what she had said.

          "Can you please wear the crown just for tonight?" Cadence looked up at Apollo holding the golden chain crown still.

          "Cadence you know how much I hate crowns..." Apollo laid his ears to the side. He hated to tell her no but he hated wearing crowns a little bit more.

          Cadence grinned. She slipped Apollos crown over his ear while they were out to the side. She was never one to take no for an answer so she'd take any chance she got. "To bad!" Cadence laughed and adjusted Apollos outfit while he stood there making sure he looked perfect. Which, of course, he always did any ways.

         Apollo huffed in defeat. He grinned and nipped at Cadence's forelock. Cadence snorted in Apollos face.

          "Come on!" Cadence laughed, "Lets get this party started!" She trotted out of the room excited, her dressed bounced around as she did.

          Apollo followed a whole lot less excited than Cadence was. "I don't think I'd consider a ball a party..."

          "I'd consider it a party when its for your birthday!" Cadence grinned at Apollo as she trotted down the hall. It was his birthday! He thought it was tomorrow... Abacus totally lied to him and made him think that it was tomorrow which must have just been a part of the plan. Apollo smiled big.