The End (Band Of Brothers)

Band Of Brothers

          Shadow stared at the door. He stood as stiff as a statue. Zane saw the look of terror on Shadows face. A look he never thought he'd see from a colt who seemed to be able to take on what ever life threw at him.

"Shadow?" Zane said quietly looked at Shadow and walked toward him. Shadows gaze was locked on the door. Zane started to get a little scared.

"OPEN THE DOOR THIS INSTANT!" The voice boomed through the small building and seemed to have shaken it. A hoof pounded against the door.

Shadow looked around frantically having broken free of his frozen gaze. Shadow looked at Zane.

"We have to go!" Shadow looked around for a way out.

"But what about Tris?" Zane looked at Shadow. Seeing him like this made him scared. He didn't know what waited on the other side of the door but Shadow did.

Shadow bolted out of the small building through the back doors.

"SHADOW!" Zane galloped after Shadow. How could he leave Tris there like that?!

Shadow slid to a stop fast creating a small cloud of dirt around his legs. Zane almost plowed straight through Shadow but stopped an inch away from him. The building was surrounded by Kveland Knights.

Zane took a few steps back. He was horrified. Shadow stood his ground. The Knights advanced toward Shadow and Zane.

"I want the black one. Go ahead and take the slave." The Kveland King advanced toward Shadow through the Knights with Rorke at his side.

Kveland Knights cornered Zane. Shadow looked over his shoulder and saw that his friend was in trouble. He looked back at Rorke and the King.

"I thought you said there was a draft filly." The Kveland King looked around for Tris but she was no where to be found. She was still in the building.

"I did. Search the building!" Rorke ordered Knights to search the building for Tris. Shadow clenched his jaw. He knew he'd have no chance against all of the Knights they had brought. If they wanted to live they would have to let this happen.

The Knights that went to search the building came back out. One carried Tris on his back because she was knocked out. Her legs were tied together and her head hung low.

Shadow saw the knight carrying Tris. He looked back over at Zane. How could he have let this happen again? Out of all of the times he's done this only a small number of the foals he tried to save actually made it. But he tried. It was more than any other pony has ever done.

Zane whinnied helplessly. The Knights hooked chains up to the cuffs that were on his legs and tightened them causing Zane to be in pain. They hooked the chains to Zane's back leg on the other side making it hard for him to walk.

"This will be the last time you ever do this Shadow." The Kveland King narrowed his eyes at Shadow. Shadow stood tall showing no sign of fear.

"Get moving!" Rorke grinned and head-butted Shadow forward. Shadow stumbled forward and began walking. He looked over at Zane.