Blind To Love (White Knights)

White Knights

Beatrix walked through the castle halls. It was always so quiet. The Knights were normally kept their their knight quarters which were separate and by the training fields just because the King and Queen thought they would always make to much noise.

          She listen to the sound of her hooves as she softly stepped one after the other on the hard stone floor. But some pony ruined the tranquility of it all my tripping and smashing into one of the standing knight armor display.

          Beatrix huffed. She'd be responsible to clean it up so who ever knocked it over was about to get a stern lesson from her. She turn around ready to yell at some pony but stopped. How did she not know? He was never the most graceful.

          "Sorry!" Aldiar frantically grabbed the fallen armor and tried to put it back together but this puzzle was a little bit to hard for him to solve because he always zoned out during his lessons.

          "Don't be sorry!" Beatrix smiled and trotted over to Aldiar. No she couldn't be mad at him. If it were any other pony she would have kicked them so hard they wouldn't be able to walk for a week but Aldiar... She had a soft spot for him.

          Beatrix helped Aldiar put the knight armor statue back up, thought Beatrix did all the work while Aldiar gave her the pieces she needed.

          "See! All better!" She smiled taking a step back just to be sure it was all put back together correctly.

          "Thank you so much Beatrix!" Aldiar smiled big.

          "You're welcome!" Beatrix bowed and smiled. She turned and continued walking to where she was going before. Finally it was quiet enough again to hear her hoof steps.

          Aldiar watched Beatrix walk off. He pranced in place like WHY CAN'T I JUST TALK TO HER FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE?! Aldiar huffed and lowered his head with his ears slightly back and trudged forward through the hall.

          One of the slaves saw Aldiar do this and bolted off to go find Beatrix. Aldiar had no idea, but if he did he would be a nervous reck. He could barely even talk to the filly without almost passing out for no good reason!

          Beatrix walked into the kitchen where most of the mare slaves worked. She had to pick up a basket of apples for the gazebo in the court yard.

          The slave who saw Aldiar do that, bolted into the kitchen. The slave was a rich chestnut color with interesting white markings that one couldn't describe but she was very sweet and was a dear friend of Beatrix.

          "Beatrix!" Caterina, the mare, called out happily for her friend out of breath.

          "Yes?" Beatrix looked at Caterina confused as to why she was out of breath but even more confused about why she was out of breath and happy because running isn't all that fun.

          "You'll never believe what I saw!" Caterina almost jumped out of her skin she was so excited for her friend.

          "What did you see?" Beatrix laughed a little at how happy her friend was at the moment.

          "The prince!" Caterina squealed with happiness.

          "Yes, what about him?" Beatrix tilted her head confused. She wished her friend would just hurry up and tell her so her chores would not end up getting all pilled up at the end of the day. But patients was one thing she did have to work on.

          "He loves you!!! I saw it with my own eyes!" Caterina hopped up and down in place thrilled for her friend to get to have some pony as handsome as Aldiar love her.

          Beatrix laughed and shook her head. She knew the prince could never love some pony like her. A prince and a slave? Ha! How silly! But a filly can dream right...

          "Believe me Beatrix I don't tell lies!" Caterina knew what her friends hesitation of not saying anything meant.

          Caterina was right. For all the time Beatrix knew her she had never told one lie. So why would she lie now? Maybe it was true after all. That Aldiar loved her.

          "And how exactly do you know this?" Beatrix grinned testing her friend to see if she was correct.

          "When you turned to walk away and began walking down the hall way I say Prince Aldiar get frustrated with himself and prance around in place!" Caterina squealed happy. Aldiar did have some bad habits. If he was ever mad or nervous he would catch him self prancing in place for not reason.

          "Oh so you caught a hot blooded Arabian Prince prancing in place?" Beatrix laughed and playfully rolled her eyes. Arabians were known for prancing in this royal family so why would that make Aldiar any different?

          "No! ... Well yes technically I did... BUT! What really happened is I caught a hot blooded Arabian Prince prancing in place after the love of his life totally left him there hanging!" Caterina looked at Beatrix hinting at the fact that the love of Aldiar's life was her.

Beatrix laughed. What was her friend trying to get at? Caterina didn't make sense a lot of the time but she knew she was definitely trying to get at something here.

"If you're suggesting that the Prince is in love with me I think you have gone completely crazy." Beatrix laughed and grabbed the basket of apples she had to take to the gazebo in the courtyard and began to head out of the room.

"I don't think you can necessarily suggest something that actually happened!" Caterina trotted next to Beatrix knowing that she didn't believe her.

"If it is something as crazy as that then yes, I believe you can suggest it because you were seeing things." Beatrix laughed a little and shook her head. "When I turned to walk off Prince Aldiar trotted away, and from the sounds of it he was not very happy." Beatrix walked through the hall ways still carrying the basket of red and green apples.

"Why can't you just believe me?" Caterina huffed as the two walked into the courtyard and up to the gazebo.

"As much as I would love to believe you I just can't... Slaves and Prince's cannot date let alone marry." Saying that broke Beatrix's heart a little. Even if she didn't know that Aldiar loved her it was the one true real love she had ever had in her life even if she never truly talked to him.

Aldiar saw the two in the courtyard. He smiled and headed out to the gazebo. Caterina and Beatrix both bowed when he made it up to them.

"Caterina, may I please talk to Beatrix alone for a moment?" Aldiar did his charming smile at Caterina, a smile no pony could refuse.

"Of course Prince!" Caterina giggled a little and trotted off back to the inside of the castle.