Irish (White Knights)

White Knights

     Knock. Knock. Knock. Aldiar looked at the door. "Come in!" He didn't know who would want to talk to him right now but he didn't mind. Having to study the history of Nibriu was pretty boring to him any ways, even if he was about to become king.

The door opened. Aldiar hoped it was Beatrix. A palomino Arabian mare peaked through the door. Her white forelock fell between her ears and was swept to the right side of her face.

     "There's a horse who would like to talk to you." The mare spoke sweetly and avoided eye contact like all of the other slaves in the castle.

     "What's their name?" Aldiar looked at her. He wasn't expecting any pony today so who could it be?

     "They didn't say... But they said you would want to talk to them." The mare looked up at Aldiar quickly then back down.

     "Very well!" Aldiar stood up and stretched his back legs out. He followed the mare down the hallway to the front doors of the castle. The mare bowed toward Aldiar and walked off.

     Aldiar looked at the horse. A light dappled gray Irish draught who wore a black leather outfit with golden chains. Aldiar had never seen this pony in his entire life. That made him curious.

     "Hello..." Aldiar forgot he didn't know the horses name.

     "The names Irish." The gray stallion bowed before Aldiar.

     "Hello Irish!" Aldiar nodded.

"Hello Prince." Irish smiled at Aldiar. Aldiar looked Irish in the eyes. A chill went down his spine, the stallions eyes were so black...

"What brings you here today?" Aldiar tried to get past the look of Irish's eyes.

"I heard you are in need of King... Well, Prince advisors?" Irish smiled and looked past Aldiar into the castle.

Recker was walking down the main hall way when he made eye contact with Irish. Irish smiled at Recker. Recker shivered from the creepy vibes Irish was giving off. He awkwardly smiled back at Irish and galloped out of sight of him.

Aldiar was confused about what Irish was smiling about. He looked behind him but saw no pony. He looked back at Irish.

"I am!" Aldiar smiled. "Why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself!" Aldiar stepped to the side of the hallway inviting Irish into the castle.

     Irish nodded and trotted into the castle. Aldiar closed the massive door and turned around. Irish looked around and admired everything. Aldiar walked up to Irish and kept walking. Irish followed next to Aldiar.

     "What would you like to know?" Irish continued to look around the castle as the two walked.

"Where'd you come from? What job do you have now? Stuff like that I guess!" Aldiar laughed. Irish thought for a short moment.

     "Well, my full name is Irish Jack Alevi. I lived in Sutton, which is on the eastern edge of Nibriu." Irish smiled at Aldiar. Aldiar nodded, he knew where Sutton was. His mother forced him to learn where all the towns were.

"I've never been to Sutton before, is it nice?" Aldiar smiled.

"Oh it's very nice! I loved living there! I only had to move to find a better job to help my family financially." Irish looked at all of the paintings as they both walked down the hall.

     "And I am guessing you want this job for the money it pays?" Aldiar already knew the answer to that.

     "Yes, my dam has to take came of my younger sister and my father died when I was just a colt so I am the only way they can have money." Irish didn't make much eye contact with Aldiar but Aldiar didn't mind, he knew Irish probably had never seen the inside of a castle before.

     "That's very nice of you to do that though!" Aldiar smiled.

     "The job I had before this was a black smith. I was still in school and it was the only job that would work with when I could work. But I promise you I am educated with this field of work! I studied it in school." Irish looked at Aldiar and smiled.

     "I believe you. You sound a lot more sophisticated compared to a lot of other horses that come in here." Aldiar laughed. Irish joined in and laughed with Aldiar as well.

     The two talked for a little while longer before Irish left so Aldiar could think about letting him have the occupation.

     Recker trotted up to Aldiar as he walked up the stairs. "Hey Recker!" Aldiar smiled.

     "Who were you talking to?" Recker nodded at Aldiar.

     "Some stallion named Irish. He wants the advisor job." Aldiar looked up the stairs so he didn't trip as he walked.

     "He looked really creepy..." Recker stopped climbing the stairs and shivered remembering Irish's eyes.

     "Just a little but he's the only horse that fully fits it so far." Aldiar laughed.

Recker nodded. He followed Aldiar back to the room he was studying in earlier. Aldiar sat down looking over his books again. Recker laid down reading a book full of pictures about a parallel universe where these hairless weird looking beasts that walked on two legs ruled the world and horses were their pets.

Aldiar brought a stack of picture books in for Recker earlier. He always got distracted from studying if Recker was complaining about being bored.

Recker never liked reading big books, he didn't have the attention span to. But Aldiar found out that if he gave Recker picture books that foals read, he wouldn't say a word till he finished it.

The two friends continued to read their books through the afternoon. Aldiar got up to take a break from studying and stretched.

"Recker do you want to go get some food?" Aldiar looked at Recker.

"Don't you have to study?" Recker kept reading his book not wanting to put it down. The bright colorful pictures entertained him and the few words on each page made him happy.

Aldiar shrugged and sat back down. He continued to look over his books, studying the history that he already knew.

Recker finished his first picture book and set it aside and grabbed the next one. He opened it and began reading it.