Chapter Twenty-Six - Switch-Blade

Dean grinned widely as he pulled Cas onto his lap and held him closely to his chest, kissing his cheek. The two boys jumped back apart again after hearing the front door slam shut and looked at each other in confusion.

"I thought you said your family weren't here?" Dean says, getting up quickly ready to climb out of the window if necessary.

"They aren't." Cas grimaced, "all of them are away."

Footsteps came bounding up the stairs faster than any normal persons would and flung through castiels door.

"Sam?" Dean asks, looking at his little brother with a perked eyebrow. "What are you doing back here?"

"You both have to get out now!" Sam shouts hurriedly, running over towards the window and looking out to see bob's car skidding to a stop outside of castiels house. Dean and Cas hurried over to the window to see what Sam was looking at.

"Shit." Dean murmured and pulled on Sams arm. "Sam, you need to leave now. You need to go out of the back doors and jump over castiels garden fence. Don't stop running until you get to the bar. Try and get Dallas and the other lads to get here as quickly as possible okay?" Dean spoke in a fast but reasonably calm voice.

Sam breathed in deeply and quickly turned and ran back out again. Dean and Cas gave each other a worried glance before looking back out of the window to see bob and a few of the other soc's open the car doors and get out.

As they got out of the car, Cas noticed some beer bottles fall out from the door and scatter onto the road and pavement. Dean scoffed and shook his head.

"Bloody amateurs are drunk. That's the only way they got enough balls to come here and run their mouth."

"Dean, they can't come in the house. We should just stay up here until Sam brings your lot over." Cas says worriedly, biting his nails as he looks down at his ex-friends.

"Doesn't it bother you that they care more about you dating a greaser than they do about you dating a guy?" Dean avoids the warning from Cas.

"I'd rather them not be bothered by it at all- dean where are you going?!" Cas was cut off by dean turning around abruptly and walking towards the bedroom door.

"Talking some sense into these douchebags. And if that doesn't work, I'll just bag them a few."

"Dean!" Cas called after his boyfriends but dean disappeared out of the door and down the stairs. Cas honestly didn't even know what to do; whether he should just follow dean down the stairs or stay by the window and watch everything from there.

He had made his decision, he wasn't going to let Dean face the drunken idiots on his own so he quickly jumped away from the window and walked down the stairs, meeting Dean who was peering through the small hole in the door.

"What's going on out there?" Cas whispered and Dean looked down at him.

"I thought you were going to stay upstairs." Dean says but Cas ignores him and pushes him gently out of the way before peering through the peep-hole himself. Cas grimaced and stepped away from the door.

"Looks like they aren't going anywhere too soon, they're messing up my lawn!" And true enough, the Socials were dropping beer bottles and kicking the grass, working themselves up to knock on Castiel's door.

"I'm going out." Dean made a move towards the door handle but Cas quickly turned around and put a hand on his chest.

"Dean, don't!" He says quickly, shaking his head. "I don't want you to get hurt again. Not like last time."