Chapter Six - Too Late To Apologize

Trin

As soon as Dean left the classroom he barged past everyone with his face down, and marched straight to the bathroom. His cold hard walls were coming down due to Castiel's betrayal as he slammed one of the cubicles shut, and sat down on the toilet with his head in his hands.

Dean sobbed as he clutched the picture of his father in one of his hands before looking down at it sadly. So what if his father was a drunk? He had never hurt him or Sammy, and even when he was drunk, he was still caring towards the boys somewhat.

Dean didn't come out of the bathroom all day until he heard the last bell ring and finally exited to go back home in his Impala. Sam was already sitting in it when he got to the car, looking at him sadly and holding his own picture of their father.

"What happened?" Sam whispered as soon as Dean got in the car, now looking down at the picture. "I don't understand."

"It's just Soc's trying to get their own back at us, Sammy." Dean croaked out and rubbed his red eyes. "Nothing to worry about. C'mon, we are going to the pool house."

"You said I'm not allowed in the pool-"

"Forget what I said." Dean snapped and started the car, speeding along towards the rough end of town. As soon as he got out of the car, Sam walked inside but he waited outside, lighting up a cigarette to ease the pain. That was when Dally walked out.

"Don't you even dare." Dean snapped, his voice still groggy from crying, and Dallas lifted his hands up in defense. Dean knew he would have already heard about the all new gossip about how a greaser got humiliated in front of the whole school.

"I wasn't going to say anything." Dally said slowly, and Dean scowled.

"Bullshit. You're going to say 'I told you so' with that stupid ass smirk you always have. I'm not in the mood."

"Well I did tell you so-" Dally muttered and Dean shot him a glare. "Well I did! I told you to let it go while you had the chance."

"Leave the boy alone dally." Darry came out of the pool house and walked over to Dean, putting his hands on the younger boys shoulders. "You okay Deano? I heard what happened."

Dean nodded his head slowly, but carried on looking at the ground with his shoulders hunched over.

"M'fine."

"You know what? This is great! Now we finally have a reason to fuck them all up! We can knock the shit out of them all and-" Dallas started saying, but Darry and Dean gave him one look that told him to shut the fuck up, so he went silent.

"It's not even worth it. I'm done with this whole gang wars thing. I just want to get through the rest of high school without having to deal with one more stupid stuck up soc wanting to rule the day." Dean muttered before finally entering the pool house.

***

Cas sat down at his home in his bedroom, staring off into space when he heard the doorbell go downstairs. He hoped to god it wasn't for him. He didn't want to speak to anyone at the moment, he felt so god damned terrible.

"Cas! Charlie's here for you!" His mom called up and Castiel sighed but didn't reply. Soon enough he could hear the tipper-tapper of feet coming up the stairs and towards his bedroom door which opened quickly.

"Hey Charlie-" Castiel started in a sulky voice, but got cut off by Charlie stomping across the room and slapping him across the face. "Ow what the fuck?!"

"I may not like the greasers, Cas, but what you did was fucking terrible! You are a horrible awful human being and you need to go and apologise to that boy this instant!" She shouted at him and Castiel looked up at her dumbstruck. "NOW!"