Chapter Twenty-Two - Gym Class

Trin-Dawggggg

It was a vicious cycle. Castiel would go to school. Castiel would go to his locker. Castiel would avoid everyone but no matter how hard he tried, Castiel would see Dean. He would see Dean at the other end of the hall, leaning up against his own locker and staring right into Castiel's soul. He would see him in lesson, leaning back in his chair and twirling a pen in his hand, not really listening to anything the teacher was saying. He would see him smoking on the stands while Cas run around the track, he could feel Dean's eyes bore into him every time he ran past.

That was happening today. It was almost summer, the sun was low in the sky and was scorching hot. Too hot to run without wanting to just fall down on the ground and be drenched in freezing cold water. What made it worse was the eyes. Watching Castiel as he ran. Every time he ran past the stands he had to hold his breath, not wanting to pull a face to let Dean know that Cas knew he was there. Why did he always have to be there. 

"WINCHESTER!" Cas stopped in his tracks and looked around as the gym teacher walked right up to Dean and pulled the cigarette from out of his mouth and threw it on the floor. "You just going to stand there the whole time? If you're gonna be here, you may as well run."

The coach pushed Dean onto the running track and Cas found it hard to not snort a bit at the look of disgust on Dean's face.

"Hell no, coach. I don't run unless it's after Socials." Dean said loud enough so Castiel's ex-friends could hear. They all hissed at him and kicked the floor, spitting at the ground near him.

"Well then, use your imagination and pretend that you're chasing them huh? I want you all to partner up. No no, Rob. You're not going with that stupid friend of yours. I'm going to partner you up."

Castiel's heart clenched up in his chest. Oh please god no. The coach was going around pairing people up and knowing Castiel's luck....

"Novak, you can go with Winchester seen as you're probably the only person in this class who he doesn't seem to bother fighting with." The coach scowled at Winchester as Cas looked in disbelief at the coach, shaking his head. The coach didn't look back at Castiel however and just walked off and blew his whistle.

Dean looked over at Cas, his face blank of any emotion so Cas couldn't really tell what he was thinking.

"Aw look at that, you two get to run away together again." Rob snickered before running off with his partner. Cas winced and looked down at his feet. 

"Do they say things like that to you often?" Cas heard Dean say which made his head snap back up to look at him. Were they just about to have a normal conversation since that day?

"Yes." Cas murmured. 

"Why do you let them? Everyone saw how strong you are at the town sign. You can take on those toffs any day of the week." Dean says before he began to run past Cas, leaving Cas still staring down at his shoes.

Dean stops when he gets a few feet in front of Cas and sighs before running back and tugging at the bottom of the shirt. Castiels whole body froze up when he felt Deans finger accidentally brush against his skin as he grabbed the shirt. Cas looked back up at Dean, face as pale as a ghost as Dean gave him a quick grin.

"C'mon then. Don't want to fail gym do we?" Dean began running again and this time Cas followed. Watching the back of Dean's head as he ran and keeping his eyes trained from going any lower on Dean's body. Cas kept having to tell himself that Dean didn't mean to touch him, he was only joking. He was only getting Cas to hurry up. No big deal. Not at all. 

Cas breathed heavily while running and he didn't know whether that was because he was running quite fast to keep up with Dean's whose strong legs were pulling him along swiftly or because he was thinking too hard about talking to Dean again. He would do anything to be with him again, but he couldn't forgive him so easily for kissing Dallas right in front of him in the hospital. Especially after all the crap they had been through together.