Chapter 13

Cyrus's POV

"What brought you here, Cyrus? After months of ignoring my phone calls and hiding at your hide-out which no one knows, except you ofcourse, at pupunta lang sa Reckless bar para maglasing and now you're here. Should I call the others so we can throw a party for your come back and celebrate?" Asar na sabi ni boss Black nang pumunta ako sa secret agency namin para makausap siya but I ignored all he's said and told him only one thing.

"I want a mission."

"So, tapos ka na pala sa pagsira ng buhay mo kakainom ng alak dahil lang sa isang babae?"

"What do you know? You know nothing! And even if I told you-----"

"Even if you told me I still wouldn't care. She----Clover, I mean, I don't care anymore about her and I already forgotten that she's been part of my agency unless she comes back again. I want you to forget about her as well if you wanted to remain as one of my assassins here."

"What do you mean?" I asked, not really knowing what is he talking about.

"You've been neglecting your job here at my secret agency after you've approved to do a mission and then not doing it exactly! Because you've been drunk all the time! And I knew that's because of her. And because of that, I'm thinking of getting you out of my agency until you comes back."

"You're wrong. It's not always about her." Sabi ko bago ko pa man mapag-isipan ang dapat na sasabihin ko at kitang-kita ko ang pagtataka sa mukha ni boss Black.

"Whatever your reasons are, I'm still thinking of getting you out of your job kung hindi mo ititigil ang bagay na dahilan para hindi mo magawa ang ipinangako mo bago ka pumasok sa secret agency ko."

"I already stopped. That's why I'm here. Gusto kong ibuhos nalang lahat ng oras ko sa mga mission na i-a-assign mo sa akin and I promised not to messed up anymore."

"Tama! Tama na ang ilang buwang palugit na ibinigay ko sa'yo ng hindi mo nalalaman para ayusin mo 'yang sarili mo. And now, I am giving you not your usual mission because this one is for me."

"What do you want me to do?"

"My friend was killed by a hired assassin but his son is still alive and they are looking for him, too. His son contacted me before you came in here and he's asking for a protection because his father told him what I was before he died. He also told me his location so I want you to get him and bring him at your hide-out, the one you and your friends owned. And here's where you can find him." He said before he throw me a piece of paper with the name, age, the looks of this guy and the location he wrote where the guy he wanted me to save is hiding.

"Affirmative, boss." I said and turned to leave his office.

"Cyrus." He called and waited before I turned again and looked him in his eyes.

"Don't mess this up again because I promise you once you did, you will no longer be part of my agency anymore."

"Yeah, I know and don't threaten me with that because you know damn well that I can work alone without your agency and without you as my boss."

"Don't worry, I already quit at my job so I'm practically no longer your boss if that's what you want." He said and now he's smiling like this is what he really wants afterall.

"You what?"

"Hahaha you said you can work alone without me as your boss but you're acting as if you can't lose me. C'mon! I'm already with my first wife and I am not into same sex relationships."

"The fuck! The hell with what you were saying!" I shouted at him but he only laughed more with his heart's content.

"But......since when? And why are you still here if you already quitted your job? And who's the boss now?"