Chapter 20

I am compelled to leave and this huge urge inside me forces me to wash up as best as I can and head towards the door. I grab the handle and tug it open, craving the fresh air and so thankful for the gush of wind that greeted me but before I could step out, someone grabbed my hand and pulled me back inside. I was shocked to see someone I never thought I'd see. The tall guy as the bass drum. I stared at him harder until I remembered who he was.

"Caleb?" I frowned at him. Tiana's ex boyfriend. "What are you doing here?"

"You need to stay." He began.

"I need to leave."

"Tiegen is a piece of shit. She got in between me and Tiana."

"Tiana and I." I corrected. "What did you say again?"

"Tiegen caused a huge misunderstanding. This isn't the right time you need to come and perform with us." He tugged on my arm.

"Why!" I asked.

"Because I need to see a look of defeat of Tiegen's face. You're the perfect weapon. Please."

"Revenge is not a nice thing Caleb."

"Please." He pleaded. "I need you to wait I need to talk to you I want Tiana back, please... Help me." I hesitated. He offered me a bottle of water and I drank up clearing my throat of the acidic feeling. I sighed before he pulled me back into the hall. "I know you can do it. I believe in you." He whispered before he went to his seat. I took in a deep breath before I sat down again, not wanting to cause a scene. I had gotten back just in time for Amanda to get off and Aria to get on. She took her violin and sat on the chair before quietly setting up. The hall was silent when she started to play a piece that could make anyone cry. This is an understatement because she was playing the violin solo of Viva La Vida. Personally, I never liked the original song but this violin version was so beautiful. I leaned over to see Adiel's mum near tears watching with a smile on her face and his dad sat there with a smile. When she finished, they clapped the loudest. I leaned over to the back up singer sitting next to me.

"When are we up?" I asked.

"Third to last." She whispered back.

"How many more left till we go on?"

"Five."

We sat through five more performances-one of which was Bunny's. They performed a mix version of a couple of songs like a flash mob. I took in a deep breath when they announced us to be going on. I hadn't even realised the group was called Symphony Treble, a hard play at the pun trouble, I figured.

I went off to the mic at the front. I turned back to see everyone give me a thumbs up. When I turned to the front again, Adiel did the same. I noticed his mum giving me a look and calmed down sitting back with a smug face. I figured she recognised me already as she leaned into her husband and whispered something. The minister nodded at her, sat back and winked at me before giving me a smile.

Or smirk whichever fits the description better. I stepped away from the mic and cleared my throat a little right as the music began.

I was going to perform Salvatore live.

I felt the nervous feeling slowly leave me as I sang the first verse but my legs were still wobbly since from under my dress, my knee kept trembling really hard. I tried to control it but couldn't so I focused on something else. I noticed Amanda Tiegen sitting, arms crossed and a frown on her face. My throat was starting to dry out a little and I started to remember why I stopped singing and performing in the first place. It was because of my nervousness and stage fright taking over. I wasn't going to let this take over right now.