Chapter 3

"Wanna grab something to eat?" Adiel asked me as we hid under a canopy to shield ourselves from the rain.

"Soon as the rain is done yeah." I mumbled. This was our third hangout and it wasn't going so well. I was not in a good mood. I usually liked rain but I definitely woke up on the wrong side today.

"What would you like to eat?" He tried to keep the conversation going.

"Bag of crisps would do." I answer carelessly.

"Really?" He raised his eyebrows at me. "I have well over £5000 in my wallet right now and a whole lot more in my card and you want crisps? We could go to any restaurant you want."

"I don't like going out to eat much. And yes, I just want crisps." As I answered, the rain began to thin out.

"Okay? Come on." He grabbed me by the sleeve and dragged me through the soft drizzle into the nearest shop. "One bag of crisps please."

"That'll be £1.50." The cashier grabbed a bag of crisps and placed it on the counter. I quickly took out my wallet and was fumbling through when I noticed Adiel give me a look.

"What are you doing?" He asked, raising and eyebrow.

"I'm going to pay?" I hoped he would take the hint.

"Girl no! You don't pay yourself when I'm around." He exclaimed.

"Wow, sexist?" I questioned.

"No. Gentlemanly." He handed the cashier some money and shrugged. "Besides, you're not the only one who would be eating. I'm important too."

"Sure you are." I grumbled, upset even further as I hadn't been allowed to pay.

"You alright?" He asked as we stepped out of the shop. I took in a deep sigh.

"I thought about what you said about your ex girlfriend." I said softly.

"And?"

"I'm starting to have second thoughts about Fred-m-my boyfriend." I blushed.

"Oh? Why?" Adiel frowned as he opened the bag. "But you seem really happy with this guy. Why do you think that?"

"I thought about what you said and maybe... Maybe I don't feel anything for him romantically. It feels odd flirting with him. It feels unnatural kissing him. He's only a friend." I blurted out before clasping my mouth with both my hands. Oh my god what have I said?! Adiel didn't say anything for a while.

"You know my words aren't entirely true right? I just felt nothing at all except friendship for her-my ex. I couldn't find the right way to tell her so I made up the excuse." He said to me. "And what, you seem really happy. Honestly. Rethink this."

I have.

。。。

I fiddled with my skirt as I sat on the couch of the library and sighed as Fred sat in front of me. Beside me sat Bunny, playing with her phone and not paying much attention to me.

"I wanted to say that it's sort of... Weird for me to... See you everyday. I'm not that ready to be ok with that." I tried explaining. "If we could, I want to break up and leave it till school ends. Till after we're done studying. Because I'm not sure where this is leading right now."

"I know. I told you before you said yes to me that if you did, it would be really hard since we're in a place where we require seeing each other almost daily. I knew this would happen. I wanted to wait but I guess it can't be helped." Fred shrugged. Bunny looked at us in awe.

"What?" I asked her calmly.

"That... Was honestly the most calm break up I have ever witnessed. Some people cry and cry, others scream and yell. You two just talk and it's over!" She exclaimed. "Like wow..." She breathed. I rolled my eyes and grinned.