Linda?

11's POV

Back in headquarters, Near had removed his disguise as we saw a grown woman with two long brown pigtails and had a schoolgirl's uniform on and had a cute look on her face. "Near!" She exclaimed and immediately hugged Near. At first, he was shocked, then he noticed that she was crying on his back.

"I-I um..," I said and sighed, watching the two hug in silence. I fumbled with my fingers and just stood there.

"Oh, so this is your girlfriend, Near!" Matsuda exclaimed as Linda and Near stopped hugging. Near shot another death glare at Matsuda.

"It was you who saved me! You sent letters to all the children in Wammy's house!" Linda exclaimed as she smiled and played with Near's hair. Near forced a smile and put both of his hands on Linda's shoulder.

"You didn't change a bit," Near said and smiled. Linda grinned and played with his cheeks.

"Same with you, Neary," Linda said and smiled. Near removed his hands off of her shoulders and continued to actually, smile.

I gulped and removed one of my pigtails and tied my hair to one side, as I just sort of stood there.

"Ah..the drama's heating up! Just like with Misa and Takada!" I heard Matsuda say. Linda put a piece of paper down on the desk as they were chatting amongst themselves. I bit my lip as I tried to read carefully what was on the piece of paper.

Kidnapper 1, Kidnapper 2

And she had drawn a picture of two people. She got every single detail right saw I saw that they were wearing the same trench coats as the people that shot Near.

"Um, I saw those two..," I said, trying to talk to them. I could tell that Near heard me when he turned around. Linda wasn't paying attention.

"So then I figured out, hm?" Linda asked as she finally turned. I shyly waved at the two and smiled.

"Hi, Linda. It's me, 11," I told her as she gave me a quick smile.

"I haven't seen you in a while, either. You've, changed?" Linda asked as she turned her attention back to Near. "So, again with the two kidnappers I..," and she went on and on.

Near kept on twisting his hair with one finger as he listened to the conversation and took part of it. I saw criss-crossed on the floor as I took out my cellphone and typed the number "11" over and over again. It was the only thing that I could pass time with.

"11," Near said as I looked up at him, which caught my attention. "Can you decode this for me?" Near asked as I took a quick glance at the paper, which seemed to be in a different language. Korean, perhaps.

"Oh, um. The translation is-" I was cut off by Linda, again.

"Near, I can translate that!" She exclaimed as I sighed, going back to typing my number 11s.

"The translation is: Pay the money or pay the orphan," I told Near as Linda stared at me in shock.

"W-We never learned Korean in the orphanage. Only English and Japanese," Linda told me as I nodded. Near started to explain to her something.

"Oh," Linda said and smiled. She soon yawned and stretched a bit.

"We'll work on the case tomorrow with Linda's pictures. We'll also be able to use 11's eyes to decode some things," Near said as everyone yawned. The adults went home, but only Rester remained to keep watch. Near would go to sleep for once and Linda had a room before she goes back to England.

I sighed and went to my room, sleeping in my pajamas. I couldn't sleep this time at night. I found myself to just lay there, staring at the ceiling while I clutched onto my pillow. At the time, all I could honk of and who I could think of, was Near.

If he's completely gone from my life, then I'd have no one left. Misa, possibly. But I can't do that to Near if his first duty as L was the Kira Case.

Speaking of Near, I heard a knock on my door. Near was standing there, and just waved.

"Can I, come in?" He asked as I nodded. He stepped inside as I sat on my bed, continuing to fumble with my two index fingers.

"You, the number 11, each 1 does not stand for you alone. One stands for you alone, the other stands for someone watching over you. You are both in other hands, however, very much alike. They can also meet when wanted by who's controlling them," Near repeated what he said on the letter.

"The one controlling them would be God and the two would meet by fate. If this is God's will, then who would be the other 1?" Near asked. My eyes widened as I quickly blushed and looked away from him.

"I..Lidner..?" I asked in confusion. Near chuckled a little and sat next to me, examining a domino in his hands.

"Obviously, you turn red when lying. Either your embarrassed to tell the truth, or we're going back to that other reason," he said and looked at the dice.

"What other rea- ohhh," I said in realization as my cheeks flared up into a deeper shade of red. "I-It's not like that!" I exclaimed and crossed my arms.

"Yeah, I can tell..," he said and trailed off with a yawn. He immediately collapsed on my bed and started to sleep soundly. My eyes widened as he continued to sleep on top of my pillow. I bit my lip to prevent myself from blushing even further.

"Sometimes, you can be a bit of an idiot even for the successor of L," I said and giggled, suddenly deciding to sleep next to him. I could no longer think of the bad things as I was able to happily drift off to sleep.