It's Only 3!

11's POV

"Near!" I yelled in my dream, he was just sitting there twisting the curl in this hair, while Misa was here, writing down my name in the death note. "Y-You told me...," I trailed off and quivered in fear.

"Y-You told me that I was immune!" I exclaimed as Misa put away the death note and giggled, my eyes widened in shock. "Near!" I yelled again, watching as he put his hands over his ears as if he didn't wanted hear me cry out in pain.

"Fend for yourself, 11," he said as I felt like everything stopped.

Including my heart beating.

***

"I thought you said you hated seeing me hurt!" I yelled aloud as I found myself back in my bed. I clutched close to my chest and started to breathe heavily, sweat beading on my forehead as I sat up, clearly not able to fall back asleep.

I looked at the time, it was only 3:00 A.M. in the morning. "Ugh," I said and put my pillow over my face as I couldn't help but write them down in a journal I was given.

Dream 1: Near betrayed me.

I sighed as I got up and yawned, getting up and walking into what I believed to be the kitchen to maybe get a snack. I couldn't fall asleep after that dream. I sighed as I stared into the fridge, finding a bunch of things. I poured myself a glass of orange juice and walked back to my room, when I heard Near conversing with someone.

"Who are you?" Near asked on the phone as he paused for a bit. "Mello's...Mafia?" He asked and there was another pause. "Listen, the only people left from the orphanage is me and Linda," Near said. My eyes widened in shock, I was behind the wall and carefully listened to the conversation.

"11? She committed suicide years ago, at the age of 12," Near said as my eyes widened in shock, trying my best to stay calm. I fumbled with my fingers as I took quiet deep breaths.

"11's dead. Linda's still alive," Near said strictly on the phone. I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw my hand quiver on the glass of orange juice. "Her name? Never had one," Near said as I heard him sip on a cup of coffee. "Goodbye," he said one the phone as he put it back on his desk.

"11 you can come out now, I know you've been hiding," Near said as I sighed, noticing the eye bags he had that was similar to L's.

"Can't sleep, either," I said and sat now on the chair next to him, taking a sip from the orange juice. "Why would you say I was dead?"

Near sighed and twisted the curl in his hair again. "Would you want a whole Mafia chasing after you? I'm saying that I'm protecting you," Near said and went onto the satellite as he pinpointed a red dot on the map.

"That is where there location is, which I've dealt with before," he said and zoomed in on the map, showing an underground desert. "That's what it looks like from the outside."

I nodded and took another sip from my orange juice as he took another one from his coffee. "I thought that all of the Mafia was dead, but there seemed to be some members left," Near said and turned to me, looking almost like a younger version of L.

"How did you sleep?" He asked and took another sip from his coffee.

"Judging by me waking up at 3 A.M. not that great," I said as Near nodded, putting one of the screens on audio, as I heard myself in my sleep, screaming and yelling.

"I promise I have no cameras, just one wiretap in each room to check if you are all okay," Near said as I nodded. He stopped playing the audio and looked back at me. "You dreamt...that I betrayed you?" Near asked.

I gulped and nodded, biting the inside of my cheek. "Really..I can't control my dreams so I'm sorry..," I told him as he nodded, sipping his cup of coffee.

"That's one of my many flaws of sleeping. My nightmares," Near said and stared back at the monitors. "I'd rather sleep with one eye open them watch all of you get wiped out a second time," Near said as I nodded, noticing that my pajamas were similar to his clothing, as I blushed red.

"I may not be like the original L, so I must ask this..," Near said and looked back at me.

"Why do you blush?"

My eyes widened as I tried to look around the room, lightly chuckling and tried not to make direct eye contact.

"I...I'm just naturally red! Y'know?" I asked him and he gave me that kind of interrogation look.

"Your lying," he said on confidence.

I just laughed and made an X with my arms. "No, everything's fine, Near, I'm telling you that! Hehe...," I said and scratched the back of my neck. However, he didn't believe me.

"Still lying," he said and twisted his curl.

I finally gave in and looked down on the ground, sighing in sadness. "It's stupid..," I muttered and fumbled with my two index finger, I wasn't able to move from my position and bit the inside of my cheek.

"11?" Near asked, actually sounding confused for once. He sighed and kicked his feet up onto the table. "I don't get girls. Lidner's almost the same way."

I shook my head as I kept fumbling with my fingers, unable to say something else but It's Stupid.

"It's stupid..," I said again as Near's cold hand touched mine as my eyes widened and I felt my face grow hot. He let go and sighed, knowing already that this small case was solved.

"I get it, I'm guessing that you either like me, or you're still scared of me," Near asked as I continued to bite my cheek.

"H-How did you...," I trailed off when it was one of the first times I have heard Near laugh, ever in my life.

"I won't tell anyone I promise," he said with a smile and put an index finger on his mouth and I blushed red, looking at the monitors and tried to change the subject.

"Any other information you need to share, Near?" I asked him and crossed my arms.