Chapter 3: Meltdowns and.... Hospital Trips?

Dinah POV

"Okay...? Movie?" I said. Everyone nodded, we were gonna wait for Lauren, Camila, and Haileigh to eat the pizza. We chose to watch The Purge since Camila was asleep & she can't handle gunshots, I'm not sure about Haileigh and gunshots though.

We all snuggled up on the couch and watched the movie.
The movie had ended and they still hadn't came back downstairs, "Guys I'm worried about them, they've been up there a while." Ally said.

"Maybe they just fell asleep." Normani suggested. "I'll go check on them and wake them if they fell asleep, it's almost dinner time anyway." I said. They nodded and I went on upstairs to go and check on them.

Aweeeee... Lauren and Camila had their arms wrapped around Haileigh, with her between them and Haileigh cuddled up close to Camila. I took a picture and posted it on snapchat, then took a video saying, "Oh my god.. Guys. So I came up here to see why the hell they were taking so long.. And look... Aweeeeee!!!" I said flipping my camera around to show them at the end of the video.

I turned off my phone and gently shook Lauren, "Hmmm." She mumbled. "Come eat." I whispered in her ear. I guess Camila woke up because she shot up screaming "FOOOOODDDDDD!!!!" She ran down the stairs screaming "PIZZAAAAAAAAA!!" Gotta love Camila. "Wake Haileigh then join us downstairs." Lauren nodded and sat up as I walked out.

Lauren POV

I sat up as Dinah shut the door behind her and lightly shook Haileigh. She tossed and turned a little, "Haileigh bug... Wake up beautiful." I said shaking her again. She slowly sat up and I pulled her onto my lap. "Sleep well?"

She shrugged and rubbed her tired eyes with her tiny fists. "Come on sweetie, we got pizza." She looked extremely anxious then clung to me shaking her head quickly "No Lolo p..please d..don't make me e..eat I..I can't..." She bursted into tears and started to take really shakey breaths.

"Sweetie slow down.. deep breaths." "I..I.. C..can't b..breathe L..lo..lo.." She barely managed to say. That's when I realized she was having an anxiety attack, Camila gets them sometimes so I know what to do..I think.

She started shaking really bad and hyperventilating severely. "Haileigh match my breathing. Slow breaths." She cried even harder and clutched her chest and was breathing even faster. "CAMILA!!!! COME. QUICK. NOW."

Camila came rushing up the stairs. She looked shocked. "Baby, she's having a really bad anxiety attack and won't calm down round up the girls because we need to get her to a hospital, she can't breathe and it's bad."

She nodded before screaming, "GIRLS GET YOUR SHIT WE AND GET IN THE CAR NO TIME FOR QUESTIONS!!!" I could have done that.. I scooped Haileigh up in my arms and she continued hyperventilating and got increasingly worse as we pulled out of the driveway.

It seemed like it took forever, but we made it to a hospital. We rushed in and a nurse took her and told us to stay in the waiting room and that she would be back to get us when she had calmed Haileigh down. I panicked, I heard Haileigh scream "I want mommy and mama." Before letting out an ear piercing scream then silencing.

Normani POV

We had been in the waiting room for about 30 minutes and there was no sign that we could go see Haileigh. Finally the nurse that took Haileigh came back.

"You may see her now and she is crying for her mommy and mama.. I must warn you, she has been having vivid hallucinations and/or flashbacks since we took her back. We checked her temperature and she was running a high fever which can cause that, but you may see her now."

We all nodded and followed the nurse back into the room where Haileigh was. She was staring into space talking, "No.. Why would you say that?! Mommy doesn't hate me! Mommy isn't bad. Stop saying that!" Before running out of the bed, ripping the tubes from her arm.

She ran to Camila and Lauren hugging them. "Mommy tell the mean lady that you don't hate me.." She said tears falling from her eyes.. Awe. Poor kid..

Camila POV

"Mommy tell the mean lady that you don't hate me.." Haileigh pleaded with tears cascading down her face. She held her arms out to me, "No sweetie I don't hate you." She held onto me and cried. I rubbed her back and it seemed to calm her down.

She started loosing her balance and swaying back and forth in my arms. "Baby are you okay?" I asked. "Y..yea I.. I'm d.. Daddy..? Why is mommy here? Mommy my head hurts.." She was looking up at nothing again. I pressed the button on the wall for a nurse to come in, someone came in about 4 seconds later.

She took one look at Haileigh who was holding her head before rushing out the room with her and paging someone to get an MRI preped. I panicked and curled into a ball and sobbed. "Baby come here." Lauren said, pulling me into her lap, I cried into Lauren while the rest on the girls comforted me.

About 20 minutes passed and the lady came back with Haileigh who was asleep and put her in the bed before hooking her up to about 10 or so tubes and putting something up her nose to help her breathe.

"Okay. This is going to sound really bad, but the procedure to correct it is simple and doesn't take too long." The nurse started.

We nodded, signaling her to continue, "Well, Haileigh has fluid and pressure buildup around the top of her spine and brain stem. " she showed us the scan then continued, "She is going to need surgery but she will stay here for tonight to prep for the surgery, then tomorrow morning she will go in for surgery and we will keep her for anywhere from 1-7 more days depending on how much progress she makes." We all nodded.

Camila POV

I stood there in shock, taking everything in. My babygirl was gonna have to get surgery. We all stayed at the hospital overnight so that we could be there for Haileigh's surgery the next morning, it was at 6am, so we just decided to stay overnight. The nurse walked out and we all sat down in the chairs around Haileigh's bed, I turned on the tv in the room and put on Disney Channel.

Hours had passed and Normani and Ally were knocked out. Only Dinah, Lauren, and I were still awake. The doctors had already came in and started to prep her for surgery, they already gave her the medicines and they were taking her out in 10 minutes. Lauren, Dinah, and I all told her we loved her and kissed her forehead before they wheeled her into surgery on the bed.