Chapter 11. Marry me? (Part.2)

Part 2 of the proposal.
Warning: contains Hiccstrid feelssss :)
-----------------------------------------------
Astrids POV:
Hiccup was on one knee in front of me and I just didn't have a clue what to do other than stand there with my mouth wide open. He took my hand in his with a ring in his other hand.

"Astrid." He started with a large smile which I returned with a tear welling up. "I've known you nearly my whole life, you've always been there for me, wether it was just in the distance or right by my side. When we were younger, fighting dragons, I always saw you out there doing your part for berk, all I wanted to do was be with you, doing my part too. No one let me show them who I really was, but you. You gave me a chance to explain how I felt and who I really was at heart. Without you I don't know where I would be now. Everyday of my life I remember being with you keeping me alive inside with that heart warming smile of yours. And that's why I want to spend the rest of my life with you Astrid, because my life so far with you has been amazing and I never want to loose you from my life." He smiled after saying this as one of my tears dropped down from my cheek to the ground.

"Astrid hofferson, will you marry me?" He finishes squeezing my hand tighter. I just stand there speechless still not getting over what is happening. "Yes, yes of course I will!" I say quietly to him now sobbing with tears full of joy and happiness. He grins and slides the ring onto my finger which is a perfect fit, before standing up and pulling me in for a gentle kiss.

As our lips touch the villagers erupt in cheers and whistles. This kiss feels special since we are engaged. I feel a tingling sensation going through my body beaming out in a smile through the kiss. We kiss for a while until we pull away smiling. "Good speech haddock" I smile wide as he replies "why Thankyou. I planned one, but I decided to just say what I felt like at the time, it turned out pretty short though" "but sweet" I replied back before pecking his lips once more.

"Ahhh son!" Stoick shouts approaching us with valka. Valka walks up to hiccup and hugs him gently before Stoick picks him up nearly crushing him in a hug. Valka comes to me while they hug "I'm so happy for you sweetie. Hiccups lucky to have a beautiful girl like you" she speaks in her angelic, soft voice before hugging me tightly. "Thankyou valka".

Stoick releases hiccup from his death hug and looks at me and valka hugging, I see hiccup smile at us. "Ahhh Astrid. I'm proud of you lass! I'm happy to have you as my daughter in law!" Stoick shouts cheerfully and picks me up hugging me. He finally releases me and I breath heavily trying to speak "tha-nk-you- sir". "Ahh, no need for that lass. I've told ya, it's Stoick" he shouts laughing. I smile back before Stoick announces "To the great hall for the celebration of the future Chiefs engagement" and with that everyone cheerfully walks there.

"Ahh guys I'm so happy for you!" Fishlegs shouts as the gang approach us. Hiccup wraps his arm around my waist "thanks Fishlegs" hiccup replies before smiling down at me. Fishlegs walks off to the great hall and the gang all follow with Abbie and ruff hugging me and congratulating me, snotlout patting hiccup on the back, and tuff... Crying? "Tuff are you okay?" I ask him. "Ahhh, just marriages. They get me every time!" He says with a tear falling "ahh, c'mon tuff" Abbie shouts dragging her boyfriend to the great hall.

I look up at hiccup as he says "I can't believe it. It only feels like yesterday I was watching you from the forge, as you were putting out fires and helping berk" he  smiles at me and I decide not to reply, and just kiss him passionately. We kiss for a while before heading up to the great hall with our fingers entwined.

-------lil time skip------

It was now nearly morning and the party was still going. Lots of Vikings were enjoying themselves and didn't want to leave. However me and hiccup just wanted to have some time alone since we did just get engaged so we sneaked outside. "Nows the perfect time to have a flight milady" hiccup Said grabbing my hand as toothless appeared in front of us. I smiled as I jumped on toothless behind hiccup and we took off into the night sky.

The bright stars were illuminating the darkness of the black night sky, until we flew through the clouds to reveal peachy puffs of clouds and the sun rise glowing through the darkness. We dove down and came back into the night and saw bright likes with pink and green highlights in beaming through the sky.

I gripped onto hiccup tighter and rested my head on his shoulder. He took me on this flight knowing at this time, it would be exactly like the flight he took me on when we were 15. That was my very first flight on a dragon.

We landed in the square as the sun was slowly coming up, I think all the villagers had left the hall and we're getting some sleep now. "Well that's the second time I've had that flight with you. And it was amazing just like last time" I say jumping off toothless with hiccup jumping down next to me. "Well I save that for special occasions" he said smirking kissing my cheek.

I pull him in by his top for a kiss on the lips and I hear toothless groan, ahh he'll get used to it. Hiccup pulls away "you coming to mine, we better get some sleep" he said pulling me by the arm. "I'm not sleeping in my own house?" I smirk back. "Not now we are engaged" he smiles before picking me up and taking me to his house.
-----------------------------------------------------
Well this chapter took a while to write.
Hope you guys enjoyed the engagement speech? :)
I'll update tomorrow night since I'm busy during the day.
Vote, comment & follow for more & a updatee:)
Night dragon homiesss! Xx
~Jaden🐉💖