Chapter 45

*First person pov*

     "....sil... BASIL!" I snap out of my thoughts and looked at Petra. "Are you okay? You've been staring off into the distance." Petra said, pointing where the right flank is. "Yeah... I'm okay." It's been thirty minutes since that black flare has been shot off. My heart is pounding intensely, the anticipation of the Female Titan just popping out of nowhere and killing us all. I don't know about me though, I know she's after Eren, but what about me? I wouldn't be surprised that she would be coming after me as well. There was a bunch of green flares, pointing in a direction. "Flares... green ones. Oulo, you fire it." Levi ordered. "Roger that!" Oulo said and loaded a green flare in his flare gun and fired it up in the sky. I see a guy riding on a horse full speed over to us. "I have a report!" The guy yelled as he rod up next to us. "It's a verbal message! The search squad on the right flank has suffered a devastating blow! They've lost the capability to scout the enemy! Please relay this message to the left flank!" The guy announced. That's where Armin is.... but I'm sure he's fine. "You heard him Petra, go." Levi commanded. "Yessir!" She said as she rode her horse off into the left flank. Then... more black flares appeared. "A variant!?" Eren shouts. "Eren, you fire it." Levi commanded. "Yessir!" He replied and reached for his black flare. "Shit..." I murmured to myself. I had the sudden urge to ride Jean into the direction but what good will that do? The Female Titan can harden and stuff like that... but I can always command her too... but Levi will probably murder my ass if I went. People are dying right now as I'm hesitating, what am I doing!? "Captain Levi... I already know the answer but I still want to make sure... can I break off and fight the variant? You can see that people are struggling to fight this titan to let it this far into the formation... and since titans pay no attention to me I can just kill it and come back. Will you please let me go Captain?" I asked him and he just looks like me as if I was the stupidest person in the world. "No you dumbass. It's way too dangerous." Levi said and I bit my lip. "But what danger poses a threat to me!? Just let me go!" I yelled and Levi glared at me. "No means fucking no brat. You are to stay here and carry out the mission." Levi growled at me and I glowered at the ground. "Yessir."

Time skip~

     We've entered the forest of giant trees. I'm just waiting for the Female Titan just to jump out of nowhere and scare the shit out of me. But, that's not happening just quite yet. "Captain! Captain Levi!" Eren called. "What is it brat?" Levi asked Eren. "What...? This is a forest! If only the center column enters the forest, we won't be able to see titans coming! They seem to be coming from the right... how are we going to avoid the titans and protect the supply wagons?!" Eren said, panicking. "Stop whining about the obvious. There's no way we can do that anymore." Levi answered. "What!? Th-Then why...?" Eren asked. "Eren, take a look around you. These trees are perfect for moving around with 3DMG. Use your brain, Eren. Think hard if you don't want to die Eren." I said, stealing Levi's question. Though, I don't think he would be complaining. Eren looks down in deep thought and I continue riding. "What's with this...? Stop messing with us! What the shit is going on!?" Oulo mumbled to himself, making Eren panic and look around. After a while of riding, I heard something go off behind me so I looked. There was a black flare behind us. "A black flare!?" Eren shouts. "That came from right behind us!" Gunther yelled. "It's whatever it is was that came from the right..." Erd said as he stared at the flare. "Draw your blades." Levi said as he drew his. "If it shows itself, it'll be only for a moment." Levi said and I drew my swords, same with the others. I watch behind me as a person emerges from the trees, using their 3DMG. Everything went in slow motion, as I saw a huge hand emerge from the darkness to slap the person out of midair as it runs. The Female Titan. She runs at us and I urge Jean to go faster. "Move it!" Levi yelled. The Female titan came around us and closed in on us and tried to reach for Eren. Luckily, we were faster but that didn't mean that the Female Titan wasn't close. She was only inches away from grabbing Eren. "Damn, it's fast! There's no way to outrun it in this forest!" Gunther yelled. "It's gaining on us!" Erd yelled. Petra turned her head back to Levi. "Captain! Let's switch to 3DMG!! Captain!" Petra yelled to Levi, but he just stayed silent. I turned back to the Female Titan. I just gotta command her! "STOOOOOOP!!" I yelled at the Female Titan as a light surrounds my body. But, no light appeared around her and she kept running. "What the hell!? Why didn't it work!?" I yelled. Her hair brushes to the side and I see something near her ear. I squint to see what it was and my mouth drops. No freaking way! Ear plugs! How the hell did she find titan sized ear plugs!? I see two other people fighting the Female Titan. "You have reinforcements from the rear!" Petra announced, but she just easily slammed one of them into a tree and the other squished them with her hand, tossing her to the side. Fear was etched onto everyone's faces, even mine. I can't control her. "CAPTAIN!! YOUR INSTRUCTIONS!!" Petra yelled, panicking. "LET'S DO IT! THAT ONE'S DANGEROUS!! WE SHOULD KILL IT!!" Oulo yelled as he readied his blades. Erd also did it. "I'm going to waste you!" Erd shouts at the Female Titan. Levi didn't give us any orders. "Captain fucking Levi! What should we do!? I can't control this titan shifter, she has ear plugs in her ears!" I yelled, staring at the Female Titan. We made eye contact and my breathe hitches. I turn back around, not wanting to meet her gaze again. "Captain Levi!?" Eren yelled. "Captain!" Petra yelled again. "Tell us what to do!" "It's almost on us!" "We're going to kill it! That's why we entered this forest!" "Isn't that right, Captain!" "Captain, your orders!!" I covered my ears at this point, not wanting to hear my panicked teammate's pleas, tears springing into my eyes. I don't want this.... I'm scared... Please stop... give us orders already... I know you won't since I watched the anime but still... I hate being right here in the action... Levi looked back at us and started saying stuff, but my ears were covered. He brings his flare gun up and fires it.

(A/N: YA'LL BETTER BE HAPPY!! I'M RISKING MY LIFE RIGHT NOW TO UPDATE!!! I STOLE BACK MY PHONE TO UPDATE!!! SHOW ME SOME LOVE!!)