Chapter 46

(A/N: I GOT MY ELECTRONICS BACK!!!! NI CAN UPDATE WHENEVER I WANT!!! YAY!!!)

*First person pov*

I could still hear the piercing sound of the sound flare even with my ears covered. I felt so bad for Oulo beside me, he didn't cover his ears properly. But, I guess it served him right. "An acoustic shell!?" Eren shouts. Levi brought his arm down and looked at us. "Tell me, what is your job again? Is it to simply surrender to your emotions at the moment? No, it's not. This squad's mission is to do everything to keep these brats unharmed, down to our last breaths. We're going to keep pushing ahead on horseback, got it?" Levi asked us. "Yessir!" Petra answered. "Push ahead!? But for how long!? Not to mention it's almost on top of us!" Eren shouts. More people arrive on their 3DMG to attack the female titan. "The reinforcements again! If we don't help, they'll be wiped out again!!" Eren shouts, looking behind him. "Eren! Eyes on the road!" Gunther yelled. "Keep your pace up, stay at top speed!" Erd added. "But... Why!? If squad Levi doesn't defeat it, who will!?" Eren yelled. I looked behind me for a short second just to see the Female Titan smash a guy into a tree, him screaming then dying instantly. I gasp and turned back around, closing my eye with tears. Stop... this is too much.... I want to go home... back to Alice and my parents.... Why did I ever wish to live here and join the Survey Corps... "Another one's dead! And maybe we could have saved him!" I heard the zipping of a 3DMG. "One's still fighting! We could still make it!" Eren shouts as he turns back to look. "Eren! Eyes on the road! Keep going!" Petra yelled. "Are you telling me to look away!? To abandon my comrades and run!?" Eren yelled back. "Yes! That's right! Obey the Captain's orders!" Petra yelled. "I don't understand why we're leaving them to die! Or why he won't explain! Why!?" Eren yelled back. "That's because the Captain decided that the reason should not be explained! You just don't understand that because you're still green! If you get it, shut up and obey!" Oulo yelled. Eren tsks and then looked at me. "I'm sure you get it Basil! Help me out here!" Eren yelled, putting me on the spot. I gripped my reins and gulped. "I'm going to follow the orders!" I announced to Eren, still keeping my eyes on the road ahead. "....Basil... You can't be serious... what happened to the Basil that cared for everyone? I heard from Armin! When I was knocked out, you said specifically 'People who break the rules are scum, that's true. But people who follow the rules and abandon their friends for dead, they're worse than scum!' What happened!? If you truly stay true to those words, then why aren't you breaking the rules!?" Eren yelled at me. "I do care! I just-" "Whatever!" Eren cuts me off, not hearing me out. I do care.... There's a line between abandoning and believing in your comrades! That's what anime taught me! But... they'll die either way... Eren brings his hand up to his face to bite his hand. "What are you doing Eren!?" Petra yelled, halting Eren's actions. "You're only allowed to do that if your life is in danger! You promised us!" Eren just then looked back to his hand, ready to bite again. "EREN!" Petra yelled again. "You're not wrong." I looked to Levi, who was finally speaking. "If you want to do it, then do it. I can tell. He's a real monster, and it has nothing to do with his titan power. No matter what power you do to suppress him, no matter what cage you put him in, he will never submit to anyone. Eren, the difference between your decision and ours is experience. But, you don't have to rely on that. Choose. Believe in yourself. Or believe in the Survey Corps and me. I don't know.... I never have. I can believe in my own abilities or choices of the companions I trust. But no one ever knows how it will turn out. So choose for yourself whichever decision you'll regret the least." Levi said to Eren. "Eren, we're not abadoning our comrades, we believe in our comrades... trust me when I say that." I said to Eren, which made him look at me. "I won't stop you with my power... If you don't believe in me, Levi, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Everyone, then do what you want. But you have to know if you can't believe it us, we can't believe in you. It's give faith, get faith compromise. And if we can't believe you, we can't trust you. And when we can't trust you, there's a high chance we'd have to execute you. I don't want that to happen, and I know you have people you need to live for.... So believe in us... please." I said to Eren seriously. Eren just looked back at his hand then lifted it up. "Eren!" Petra interrupts Eren again. "Have faith in us!" Petra yelled. "Eren! You're taking too long! Decide!" Levi yelled at Eren. Eren closed his eyes then opened them, sweat dripping down his face. "I'LL GO FORWARD!!" Eren announced as he kept riding. After a moment, I heard screaming behind me. I closed my eye, then hearing the final words of the man that was left. "LET ME GO!!" Then silence. Just only the clopping hooves of the horses, the ripping of flesh of the man's body, and the thumping footsteps of the Female Titan. I'm sorry... I'm so, so sorry... "The target is accelerating!" I didn't know who yelled it, since I had my eye closed. "Go! We will outrun it." Levi announced. We kept riding, and I kept looking around for Erwin and the other Scouts. And, as if my prayers were answered, I spotted them all in the trees with canons. "FIRE!!!" I heard Erwin yell and canons were being shot, fire igniting in the bushes and stuff. Hooks hooked onto the Female Titan, removing her ability to move. We kept riding, then Levi turned to us. "Advance a bit further, tether the horses, and switch to the 3DMG. You guys will be on your own for a while. Erd, lead the squad. Once you're a good enough distance away from the titan, hide Eren and Basil. Take my horse." Levi ordered before hooking onto a tree and leaving. I squeaked at his sudden departure and reached over and grabbed the reins of his horse before it ran away. Eren looked behind him, where Levi was heading and where the Female Titan was. "He can't intend... To take that titan alive?" Eren said, shocked. His statement shocked everyone. Gunther gulps then tries to lighten the mood. "Well, Eren? Basil? See that? We caught that titan!" Gunther said, proudly. "This is the power of the Survey Corps! Don't underestimate us, fool!" Oulo added, a confident smirk on his face. "Well? Don't you guys get it now!?" Gunther said. Smiles adorn our faces. "Yes!" We both said at the same time as we continued to ride.