Chapter 19

*First person pov*

     I jump off the wall as everyone was staring at the Colossal Titan in shock. I look down and saw he was lifting his leg up to kick the gate open. I hook onto the leg that he was using to maintain balance. If I can just cut his ankle!!! Let me make it there in time before he kicks the gate open!! I held on the trigger to propel me towards the ankle. I don't care if I use up all my gas, I just need to stop this. But, there was a stupid freaking mistake I forgot. The leg the titan was using to kick the gate tripped on my wires, pulling me in the other direction. "SHIT!!!" I cursed as I was going at a fast speed. I unhook myself off the ankle and onto the wall. I felt a tremor, an intense one at that. The hook gets knocked off and I fall. I fall in a tree that was conveniently right there. Luckily, I was close to the ground, but not that close. "Oww..." I mumble as I look back at the titan. The freaking stupid titan kicked a hole in the gate. I bite my lip, so hard it started bleeding. Shit.... now all the titans will get in again and.... and.... I shake away that thought and hooked onto the titan for a second attempt. I land on the titans shoulder but I fall down as the titan started to move. I try to stand up but I was all wobbly. The Titan knocked off the all the cannons. I spot Eren flying through the air. I gotta cut out that titan shifter right now!! I thought as I bolt for the neck. I felt a gust of air hit me on my right. I turn to see the titan trying to slap me off it's shoulder like a bug. I jump off it as the titan goes for Eren mid air. Eren runs on it's arm while I hook onto the neck. I readied my blades as I clicked on the trigger. I speed up on the titan's neck but I felt something impact into my body as I was thrown the other way. I look to see EREN. He freaking lost control and collided with me!! "EREN YOU DUMBASS!!" I shout at him. He ignored me and reeled into the neck. It looked like he was going to cut the titan but a gust of smoke hit us. I get knocked away while Eren remained attached. I hook onto the wall, waiting for the smoke to clear up. I run up the wall as Eren sliced through the smoke. "DID YOU GET HIM, EREN! BASIL!!" Thomas shouted from up top the wall. "OH YEAH, WE TOTALLY GOT HIM!!! NO WE FUCKING DIDN'T OTHERWISE THERE WOULD BE A 50 FOOT TITAN BODY DENIGRATING ON THE GROUND!!" I yelled back at Thomas, clearly pissed. I mean, who wouldn't if hundreds of people were going to die? "It's just like five years ago!! He just showed up out of nowhere and vanished into thin air!!" Eren shouted. We climbed the wall and pulled ourselves up on top of it. I hit the ground angrily. "Dang! We lost him!!" I said as I keep punching the ground, my knuckles getting scraped up and bleeding. "Basil, calm down!" Connie said, catching my arm before I can punch any more. "Sorry... I let him escape..." Eren apologized. "What're you apologizing for? We couldn't move a muscle." Thomas said. Connie looked up from where he was observing the hole in the wall. "Hey! This is no time for that!! The wall's been breached. If we don't hurry and block the hole the titans will get in again!" Connie yelled, sweating. I heard zipping behind us. "What're you on about!?" A Garrison solider landed on the wall where we are at. We all salute our senior. "The operation we planned for the Colossal Titan's reappearance is already in motion! Return to HQ immediately!" The Garrison solider commanded as more appeared. "Don't forget to make a full report if you came into contact with him!" The Garrison solider finished. "Yessir!" We all yell. "Best of luck to you and the initial response team, Sir!" Connie said as the soldiers ran past us. "Let's go guys." I said as I jump off the wall. I hook onto a building. Bells of evacuation rung out and panicked screams resonated the walls. I see an elderly woman walking slowly while everyone was running. I turn sharply and landed next to her. "Ma'am, you need to get moving. Do you need help?" I ask her as I walked next to her. "No, no, no... I'm fine. I'm going to die someday anyways, why don't you help a youngster instead of someone as such as myself? I might as well go out like this..." The old woman said as she kept walking slowly. "But Ma'am-" "Basil! We have to go! What are you doing!?" Eren shouted from up top of the building. "Instead of helping me, why don't you promise me this: You retake this town, and not die. I hate to hear someone as young as you die." The old woman said, smiling. "Basil!!" Connie yelled. I looked back at her. "Yes Ma'am, you can count on it." I said as I salute her then zipped away. We keep running on the rooftops. I see a little girl drop her doll. I make a sharp turn and landed on the ground to pick up the doll. "Basil!! Not again!!" Thomas yelled. "I'll be back!! Go on without me!!" I shout back at them and ran. I caught up with the little girl and her dad. "Excuse me!! You've dropped your daughter dropped her doll!" I shout as I put a hand on the dad's shoulder. "Thank you!!" The man said as he took the doll from me. "What do you say Irene?" He asked her. "Thank you missus!! I don't know what I'll do without Cassandra!" The girl said as she took the doll from her father and hugged it tightly. I salute them, smiling. "Your welcome." I said as I zipped off, not before hearing this: "I want to be a lady just like her!" I smile at this and zipped away to HQ.