-64-

"Avi?"

Today they were finally going to find out what was wrong with the brunette. Scott had googled a few times to search for an answer but of course he couldn't find one. He woke up at 8 am and instantly noticed Avi's absence.
Avi fell asleep on the bathroom floor. He had spend the entire night hovering over the toilet and crying. Scott hadn't noticed that he had gotten up, else he would've sat next to him.
He picked up his boyfriend and laid him down onto the bed, covering him with the thick blanket. Then he placed a small kiss on his temple and headed downstairs to eat something. Mitch sat at the bar, drinking coffee as Scott passed by to go into the kitchen.

"Morning, Katherine."

"Hey Queen."

After fixing himself a bowl of cereal ,and some crackers for Avi just in case he would be hungry after he woke up, he joined Mitch at the bar.

"How is he?"

The Queen locked her phone and watched Scott eat. The blonde just shook his head and shrugged.

"Same old. He slept in the bathroom.. it's really bad."

"Well at least you will find out what it is today."

Scott nodded and scooped another spoon into his mouth. Mitch scanned his face and saw that he was more than worried. He placed a hand on top of his arm, slowly rubbing it.

"Hey.. it won't be anything bad."

"I hope so."

Scott helped Avi to get dressed and fed him a few of the crackers so he wouldn't faint. Mitch remained at home just in case Kevin and Alyssa would come by and also he took care of Wyatt while they were gone. Avi rested his head against the window and sighed. Scott kept his eyes on the road but took the trembling hand of his boyfriend in his and kissed the white knuckles carefully.
In comparison to last time the office was packed and filled with people who suffered from a flu or a cold. Some children had the chickenpox and Scott was grateful that he never had to go through something like that, knowing that those were itchy.
Avi kept groaning due to the cramps in his stomach and his headache and the blonde did his best to comfort him, hugging him and placing small kisses at the top of his head. A few mothers watched and seemed disgusted but Scott didn't care. His baby was ill and that was more important than the judgment.

"Avriel Kaplan?"

The couple got up slowly and followed the assistant, it seemed to be a déjà vu. After being led into a room and being told that the doctor would arrive soon she finally left, giving Avi the opportunity to take a deep breath.

"Scott..? I'm scared.."

The blonde kneeled in front of him and lifted his head with two fingers.

"Hey.. I love you."

"I love you too but still.."

Avi sighed and wiped away a tear. He didn't knew why exactly he was crying. Most probably because he was exhausted and sick and tired of being ill.

"You will be fine in no time, okay? As soon as we know what's wrong we can finally get some meds for you."

The brunette nodded and let Scott peck his lips. He sat down next to his boyfriend and they waited for the doctor to arrive.

"Welcome back, Kaplan and Hoying."

He greeted after closing the door and shaking their hands.

"How did this week go? Better or worse?"

Scott looked at Avi, just in case he should answer for him but Avi seemed to manage it by himself.

"A little better but it's still bad.."