-42-

A/N: Over 4k! Woop woop!

"I don't know Kirst..."

It was most probably eight in the morning and Scott was already talking to Kirstie, one of his close friends, on the phone. She was going to visit her parents along with Jeremy, her boyfriend of two years, and asked if she could bring Olaf over to them. Now,Olaf was a beautiful dog, fur as white as snow, super fluffy and sweet. Kirstie loved him like her own child and rarely left him alone for more than one hour, yes she even brought him with her at work, she was an elementary school teacher. He was both jumpy and calm. To sum it all up: Olaf was a family dog and loved by all of Scott's friends. Wyatt was currently staying at Mitch's so there was no problem with them bickering but still there was problem.
Avi told him that he was afraid of big dogs since they had a lot of force and once they tasted blood their wolf instincts would resurface, meaning that they could hurt you. Scott was sure that Olaf would never hurt his boyfriend, but...
Avi was in the shower, unaware of the visitor which would be there in a few minutes. The blonde allowed Kirstie to bring her dog under the condition that she would stay with them until Avi was sure of being in no danger.
He heard the shower turn off and counted the seconds Avi needed from leaving the bathroom to descending the stairs.

"40 seconds. New record."

He smiled at the bass reaching the last step.

"Well you know I can't be away from you for long."

Avi sat down on the couch next to where he assumed Scott would be sitting. He felt arms snaking around his waist and pulling him closer. Scott buried his nose into Avi's neck taking in the scent of the freshly showered man and placed a kiss on his skin.

"You smell so good.."

"Don't start drooling."

Avi giggled and pushed his boyfriend's head away a little. Scott pouted but started to chuckle soon after before his smile fell.

"Uhm, Avi? Kirstie called."

"So?"

Kirstie and Avi had a light friendship. They talked with one another at events and had no problems spilling out little secrets. Jeremy never saw him as a threat and Avi never had anything against him so there were no hard feelings between them.

"She asked if.. she could bring Olaf with her..and if he could stay for a few hours.."

Avi furrowed his eyebrows a little. Olaf... who was that? He couldn't remember that he had ever heard of that name before.

"...and I understand if you don't want him here but I just couldn't say no.."

Scott was blabbering restlessly. Avi had no time to order his thoughts and register the new information at the same time.

"..and I told her that.."

"Wait! Scott who's Olaf?"

The blonde immediately shut his mouth. His boyfriend didn't even know the dog... wow that was going to be tough.

"Uhm.. that's.. that's Kristie's.. dog..?"

Avi didn't see the problem so far but when realization hit him the panic was visible in his whole posture.

"Is he.."

"Yes.. he's a big puppy. I'm sorry I agreed I know that you're afraid of big dogs but Kirst..."

He didn't get far. The doorbell interrupted the blonde and made Avi flinch in his seat. Scott looked out of the large window to see Jeremy's car in front of the apartment.

"They're here.."

"Scott.. p-please.."

Avi's hands started to shake a little, he didn't know what to do. His body didn't respond to his mind screaming at him to just run away.

"I promise that I will protect you."

With that Scott left Avi to open the door.

.........Flashback........

"I loved Charlie. He was truly a beautiful dog, big and warmhearted. He couldn't even hurt a fly and always looked out for his people. My family loved our neighbor's dog and we used to take him in whenever our neighbor had to leave town."
Scott listened to one of Avi's tragic stories, that wasn't even sarcastic. Avi was afraid of a lot of things, so, to understand him he decided to explain where those fears came from.
"I was fourteen. My parents were outside in the garden, Esther wasn't there. It was just me and Charlie, sitting in front of the radio and listening to songs. I got home late that day due to school which meant that I ate later than usual. My mother new how stressed I was and made my favorite dish: BBQ with her special sauce. However I wasn't the only one who was hungry."
Scott already knew where this was going.
"Dogs are somehow predators. When they're hungry they would kill to get some food. Since heaven hated me anyways I wasn't that fortunate that day."
Avi sighed at the memory as he lifted up his shirt flashing a few scars which stretched over his whole upper body.
"Charlie attacked me. Primarily because of the food but when he accidentally tasted some of my blood I knew that I was a dead man. I was lucky that my mother stepped inside the house in time. She told me afterwards that the sight was horrific and that she prayed that I wouldn't die.."

.........End of flashback....

"Hey Scotty!"

Kirstie's voice halled through the livingroom announcing her presence. Avi tensed at her appearance, knowing that in one hand she was holding a leash and that on the leash was a dog. He shut his eyes as he tried to convince his mind that he wasn't going to die today. However his body didn't cooperate. Avi's eyes started to water, his body started to shake as his head started to hurt. He knew that this was the end.

"Avi..?!"

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting! ♡

Again sorry for "Don't leave"!

#Yanie