-44-

Olaf seemed to be the happiest dog in the whole world. Neither Scott nor Avi thought that he would have so much energy left after hours and hours of catching sticks and running around in the park. It was getting late, the sundown brought a slighty colder temperature with it and the couple decided to head back home.

"I'm proud of you my little dove."

Scott said out of the blue. He held his boyfriend by the hand, Olaf's leash in the other one. Avi shook his head a little before asking why.

"You managed to overcome your fear of big dogs. That's a huge step."

The blonde leaned down a little to kiss him on the head, pulling down the beanie a little.

"Well.. it wasn't only me."

Avi smiled as they stopped walking. Olaf jumped around them.

"You helped me. You stayed."

The bass tightened the grip around Scott's hand, squeezing it a little. What he had just said was true. Never would he have touched a dog.. a big one. The fear has always been too overwhelming, to the point where he spent hours crying in his room but now.. it went away. As if Scott had said some magic words.

"I keep my promises, munchkin."

Olaf stopped jumping and watched at his own work. The couple would realize soon enough what he had done.

"I know. Thank you, Scotty. For everything you've done so far."

Avi sighed, looking up to meet his eyes although he didn't know where they were. Scott let go of Avi's hand to caress his cheek.

"I love you.."

He whispered only for Avi to hear but Olaf heard it. He was a clever dog and recognized the special words his mommy said to his daddy many times and vice versa. Those seemed to have an important meaning to humans so he took it as a sign to take a step back. The leash strung the couple together so that their upper bodies touched.
Olaf had been running around them, captured them with the leash and just waited for the perfect moment.

"I think Olaf knows that I love you too.."

Avi whispered, his lips dangerously near to Scott's. The blonde shuttered a little just by feeling his boyfriend's breath on his own lips. He just couldn't fight the urge to kiss him, so he did.
Under the dim lights of the street lamp they shared a magical kiss. It wasn't their first one but something about it was special. A promise. That's what it was. Scott had assured him often to always be by his side, to support and protect him no matter what. This kiss sealed the promise.
Olaf put his paws over his eyes, like he always did when his parents kissed, to give them privacy and because it was too cute to handle.

"You're my love.."

Scott mumbled lovingly as they parted, holding Avi by the waist.

"...my life.."

Avi smiled, caressing Scott's neck.

"...and my eternity."

They kissed once more, smiling into it as they noticed how cheesy that was. But hey.. it was the truth and showed how they really felt.
-----------------------
"Thank you for watching him. I hope he was a good boy?"

Kirstie chirped passing a pack of chocolate to Scott. Jeremy had a hard time keeping Olaf away from him, the dog was overly happy to see his father again.

"He was, no worries. In fact.."

Scott looked back towards the kitchen, where Avi was reading a book in Braille.

"...he helped."

A smile spread across his face remembering their walk last night. Kirstie grinned as she noticed his blushing cheeks.

"I see."

She winked, walking over to Avi.

"We will go now. I hope he didn't scare you any further?"

She asked again, wanting to be completely sure that the blind man in front of her was alright.
He placed a finger between the pages and turned towards her.

"Oh no, he hasn't scared me at all. He's a great dog. Thank you Kirst."

She smiled at him and raised her arms to welcome him for a hug.

"Can I hug you?"

He nodded, stood up and embraced her thin body. Not squeezing her too much in case she felt uncomfortable.

"Wow you're taller than the last time!"

He noticed, his eyes widening. Kirstie couldn't help it, she chuckled at the innocence.

"I'm wearing heels, sweety."

Scott grinned at the sight, Jeremy did too. Both man were standing at the door, looking at their loved ones having a moment.

"Keep her safe."

The blonde whispered to him, boxing his arm softly.

"Same to you."

Jeremy grinned back, holding Olaf's leash. Scott looked down at the dog, meeting his eyes. He thanked him for not acting up and helping Avi to recover.

Thanks for reading, voting and commenting! ♡

One month, #Yanie ♥