-8-

A/N: ready? :D

Avi woke up to the smell of bacon. He rolled over so he was lying on his back wondering how he got into his own bed although he had been at Scott's only a few minutes ago. Then he remembered: Last night he pretended to be asleep. He had wondered what they would do and luckily for him Scott carried him to bed bridal style. Avi smiled at the memory, his cheeks red. He stood up from his bed and followed the smell until he reached the kitchen where Kevin was making breakfast.

"Morning Sleepyhead!"

He chirped at Avi tossing around a pancake which landed perfectly on the plate.

"Morning Chef."

Avi sat down and rested his head on his hands, taking in the glorious smell of bacon and pancakes.

"Do you have any plans for today?"

Kevin placed a plate in front of his friend who quickly started eating since he was starving like a hungry lion.

"Not really... maybe Scott's coming over to get the guitar.. you?"

"I'm going to Alyssa's parents today. They're having lunch at the park and I thought I might join them."

Avi was genuinely happy for his friend. He really felt like a proud father although Kevin was a year older than him. The idea that his friend would marry his girlfriend of three years was a vivid imagination he had since the day Avi met her. Kevin and Alyssa were meant for each other and he coulndn't see them being apart. That made him wish to have something familiar.

"Does Scott have a key?"

"Yeah I gave him one years ago, so don't worry when the door gets unlocked."

The bearded man sat alone in the apartment. It was quiet and somehow he felt uncomfortable. Normally he enjoyed the silence, reminded him of his life in the house near the mountains, but this time it was different. There were many noises in LA during the day and night, for Avi it was the same. He had been alone before, many times back at home but this wasn't home. He layed down on his back facing the ceiling. He wanted someone to be here with him. To hold him in his arms. To tell him that he was loved in more than in a friendly way. He wanted something Kevin had. He missed Scott..

He heard the rumbling of a key on the other side of the door and immediatly sat upright when the door opened.

"Oh hey Avi sorry if I woke you up."

He recognized the voice and let out the breath he was holding. Thieves weren't unlikely in LA.

"No it's arlight I wasn't sleeping."

Scott closed the door and came in looking for the guitar, found it and placed it near the door so he wouldn't forget it once more. Avi hadn't moved since he had come in, instead he was staring in front of him, his body stiff. The blonde took a seat next to him, knowing that he had been alone for quite some time. He had a few minutes before he had to open the shop.

"Can I ask you something without it being offensive?"

Avi smiled. Scott always made sure that he wouldn't feel uncomfortable.

"What is it like being blind?"

Avi didn't answer right away. Not that he didn't want to answer, he just had to think about it.

"Close your eyes."

The blonde did as told and waited for him to answer his question.

"I have never seen anything with my eyes my entire life but you don't need them if you have your ears and your hands. Eyes only limit you. They cloud your judgement. Without your sight you judge with your heart. You trust people without seeing them but you know their inner nature. As for getting along with the world I can only say that you get used to it. I imagine things if I can't touch them with my hands. The imagination is the strongest tool I have."

Scott left his eyes closed. He felt like he was one with Avi at that moment. He wanted to understand.

"Avi?"

He turned his head and stared at the place where he imagined his friend.

"What do you think that I look like?"

Kevin had never told Avi. He only knew that he himself had brown hair and so on. He lifted his hand and brushed through Scott's hair while remembering that he had hugged him once.

"You're taller than me, slim with some muscles and have pretty healthy and beautiful hair.. maybe in a light brown? Or blonde? You don't seem like a dark haired person."

A pause. Scott opened his eyes.

"What color are your eyes?"

"Blue. Do you know what color yours are?"

Avi shook his head. His parents told him once but he couldn't remember. Sometimes he forgot information that didn't really matter. It wasn't like he could see them anyways.

"They are pale green with a little brown. Simply stunning and the most beautiful ones I've ever seen...they're special..just like you."

Scott trailed off while staring into them. He couldn't stop drooling and Avi hung his head at how flustered he was.

"Do you trust me?"

Avi was not sure. Kevin earned his trust slowly over the past 26 years of his life. Scott was a new person to him but he felt something between them, it was different. It made him happy and sick at the same time. Whenever Scott wasn't there Avi missed his presence..

"Yes."

His response was not above a whisper. So quiet it nearly dissapeared between the noises outside. He felt the couch dipping, inches away from where he was sitting and then..

...a kiss on his cheek.

So soft as if Scott was afraid to break him. Then he got up, took the guitar, said his goodbyes and left the apartment.

Kevin came back at midnight and saw his friend still sitting on the couch, holding his cheek.

Oh la la.. Shit I have math tomorrow...

Thank you for reading and voting aaand commenting! I really really really enjoy reading your comments it makes my heart go *insert bomb emoji* I'm sorry.. I had a lot of black coffee.. ^^