Chapter 40

Heaven P.O.V.
2 months later
You gotta be fucking kidding me. Seriously? I blow out then wipe myself and wash my hands. I put the cover on then put it on the inside of my jacket. Im so happy I started college online this year. Don't have to wake up so fucking early. I walk into my room then jump. "Oh, hi Ne'" I say. She nods her head then continues reading. "Uh, what you doing?" I ask. "Reading a book" she mumbles. I nod my head then walk to my bed. "Is it a good book?" I ask. She sighs then closed the book and takes off her glasses. "Are you seeking attention?" She ask. "Nope" I say sitting on the bed. She slowly blinks at me then smirks. "What are you hiding?" She ask. "Nope. Nothing. Nothing at all. Why? Do I look guilty of something?" I ask. Why can't I lie to her. I can lie to anybody except her and my mom. She blankly stares at me. I bite my lip. "Promise you won't tell momma" I say. "Promise" she says. "Naw, you gotta sister promise" I say. She sighs then stands . We do the hand shake then sit back down. I dig in the inside pocket of my jacket and hand it to her. "Is this a-" I cut her off. "Yeah" I whisper. "You have to tell momma" she says. "No! And you won't either!" I whisper yell. "You gotta tell her Heaven, there's a fucking baby growing inside you!" She whisper yells. "I know! Don't you think I know that! I took the fucking test!" I whisper yell. Someone knocks on the door. Nevaeh shoves the test into her pillow case then opens the book and continues reading. "Open" I say. Our mom walks in. "Breakfast is ready" she says. I smile. "Thankyou, we'll be down in a sec"I say. She nods her head then smiles at me and walks away. "You think she knows?" I whisper. "I don't know, momma knows everything about us but she seems clueless about this" Nevaeh whispers. I sigh. "Is it Wes baby?" She ask. "Only person I had sex with" I mumble. "Oh....yeah, right. The thing. Well then momma won't be upset, you didn't have any control over it" she says making me lose control and start sobbing. She hugs me. "I don't want this baby Ne'." I cry. "I'm not ready, I don't wanna be a mother" I cry. "Sshh.Shh.Shh.Shh.Shh" she says. I sniffle. "Suck that shit up and toughen up. It ain't time to cry. You had no control over it. We going to the obgyn after breakfast and after we finish all our classes" she says sternly.Tough love my ass. She was just being mean to me cause she can.

I unlock the house door and we walk in. "Hello" our mom says scaring me. Nevaeh pushes me inside then closes and locks the door. "Sit down" she says. We sit on the couch. "So, anything you need to tell me?" She ask. "Nope" I say. She nods her head. "Interesting, cause I found this in Nevaehs pillow case" she says holding up the pregnancy test. My eyes widen. "Nevaeh you're pregnant, I'm disappointed in you"I say. She blankly looks at me. "Don't try that shit" she says. I cover my face. I press my eyelids down to keep the tears from falling but failed. "I don't want to be a mom" I cry. "Heaven, you're pregnant" my mom whispers. I cry nodding my head. "I'm sorry, I don't want to embarrass you" I cry. "And it's that dudes baby" she whispers. I nod my head. "Oh"she says then stands up and slowly walks upstairs. I lay on my sisters lap. "I'm sorry" I cry. She sighs and rubs my back.

Nevaeh P.O.V.
"Heaven open up"I yell banging on her door. I have this uneasy feeling. She's been in her bedroom for hours. The music she was playing stopped like 10 minutes ago. "Move" my mom says. I move and she kicks down the door. My momma is a crazy woman. We walk into her room I look in her closet. "Shit!Heaven!" I hear my mom yell. I run into the bathroom where my mom is holding a bloody, unconscious Heaven. I look at her wrist. My mom takes the sheet from around her neck. I stare at my sister. "Leave me die" I hear her say. My dad runs into the room then calls 911 and I have yet to move. Aleah walks into the bedroom. "What's going on?" She ask. "Leah leave, I don't want you to see this" my dad says. My twin tried to commit suicide. She slit her wrist then hung her self. Why the fuck would she do that! The baby......she's trying to kill herself so she can't have the baby. This bitch.

I'm sorry yall. He was the only person that could fully keep my mind off of Heaven. I moan. He pulls away from the kiss. "What's wrong?" He ask. "Nothing, why?" I say. He kisses away my tears. "Baby I know you're lying" Brooks says. I sigh. "Yeah, I am. Heaven is in the hospital" I whisper. "Why" he ask fixing my eyebrows. "She tried to kill herself" I mumble. "So why you here?" He ask. I sigh. "Cause you're the only person that could fully keep my mind off her" I say. He pecks my lips. "What happened to your little boyfriend?"he ask playing with my butt. "He wasn't my little boyfriend, and it didn't work out. He went back to his crazy ex. You know she tried to cut me" I say. He chuckles. "You went back to yours" he says. "No. I'm using you" I say, I ain't going lie bout it. He squints his eyes at me trying to figure something out. "Aight" he says then throws me off him and turns his back to me. He stands up and walks into his bathroom. I sigh, "didn't know I was dating a little bitch" I mumble walking around his room and looking at things. "Who are you?" I hear someone ask. I look at her. "Oh Nevaeh"she says. I nod my head and look down at her huge stomach. "How far along" I mumble then go back to picking up random shit. "My due date is tomorrow" she says. I nod my head. "I can't wait till she's here" she says. "Yes you can, you're waiting right now" I mumble annoyed. She laughs. "So, what are you doing here?"she ask. "I don't have to answer you" I say. "Oookkay, let's straighten something out. I'm having Brooks baby, not you. So you're going to respect me cause I'm going to be in your life for a long time" she says. I laugh and pull my pocket knife. "Let me tell you something, my twin is in the hospital dying, my brother is in the hospital dying. Now I don't need some peppy ass bitch telling me what I need to do. I've disected a frog before and I'm pretty sure it's not any different from a human" I say then put away the knife. "Didn't I tell you she's crazy" I hear Brooks says. I look at him. "Didn't I tell you don't call me crazy" I say annoyed. I grab a magazine then sit on the bed. She walks to Brooks. I slowly look up at her. She smirks at me then kisses Brooks. I fall back laughing. Like a girl couldn't breath yo. I fell off the bed laughing. "Now, I got a question for you April. How my pussy taste?"I ask then fall out laughing again because of the look on her face. "Eww, you gave her head" she screams. She runs into the bathroom. "Nevaeh why you tell her that?" He ask. "What, I wasn't supposed to tell your little girlfriend you gave me head? Oops. Sorry." I say. He shakes his head. "She ain't my girl yo" he says. "Awesome news for nobody" I say then stand up. He grabs my face and looks into my eyes. "Why you hurt?" He ask. "I'm not" I say. "Don't lie to me" he growls. I roll my eyes. "I'm not weak aight, I ain't gotta tell you shit" I say. "Yeah, how bout I make you tell me" he says then picks me up then puts me on his bed. He kisses from my lips all the way down to my palace. He spreads my legs. He goes back up to my lips and kisses me then slips his hand in my underwear and a finger inside me. I gasp. "Did I hurt you?" He ask. I nod my head. "Did I say I'm sorry?" He ask. I nod my head. "So why are you still hurt" he ask. I don't answer him so he speeds up. "It wasn't enough, I wanted you"I whisper. I bite my lip. "Brooks! My water broke!"April yells. He pulled his hand out my tights and runs to her. This bitch interrupted our session. I have never fingered myself and I'm not starting today.

Brooks walks into the room and doesn't even notice me on the bed. I sigh then continue looking at the magazine. "Baby? What you still doing here?" He ask. I laugh then sit up. "I don't even know. I know you'd leave me for her, again. I thought just maybe this time you'd pick me for once but I was so wrong"I say then stand up. "Nevaeh she was having the baby. I couldn't stay here with you. I had to be with her" he says. I look at him."Congratulations Cinderella" I mumble then slip on my shoes. I put on my glasses then walk out his room and down the stairs. "Nevaeh where are you going?" He ask jogging down the stairs. "Someplace where I don't come second. Here's some money, buy some diapers" I say then throw some money at him and leave.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!"I yell at Heaven. "You could have fucking died! Do you know how much people that would hurt!"I yell. "Nevaeh chill out, your sister made a stupid mistake" my mom says. "A stupid mistake? She made an idiotic choice, I can't lose you Heaven. You're the only one that truly understands me" I say. She looks up at me. "I'm sorry" she whispers. I sigh then hug her. "Don't do that shit again, you got my baby in there"I say. She lighlty laughs then sniffles. "I don't want this baby"she says. I sigh then get into the bed with her. "Adoption is always an option" I say. She nods her head. "Abortion isn't a choice"I say. "I failed" my mom says staring at the wall. "What?"we ask. "As a mother. My 21 year old has a daughter. My 18 year old is pregnant and suicidal. I've failed as a mother" she says. I sigh and pick up my phone to call Jayla. "No, don't call her......maybe I can talk to you" she says not blinking then looking at me. "Um okay" I mumble then stand and walk to her. I sit down and she lays her head on my shoulder. "I tried my best but I'm just not good enough" she whispers. "You're better than good, you're great. You're an amazing mother. You didn't fail, you couldn't control Heavens situation. Jayla, well you didn't fail her. You love her daughter. If you're saying that you failed then you're saying that Jayla is a failure which means that Katelyn is a failure. Are you calling my niece a failure?"I ask. She laughs then sniffles. "No, I love my Katey Bear" she says. "Uh, okay. Chill out with the pet names"I laugh. She laughs. "But with Heavens situation if I had protected her, if I had been strict and not let you all go by boys houses or even have boyfriends it wouldn't happen" our mom says. I sigh. She's right. But she isn't a bad mom, she just need some work. And I think I know the perfect place to send her.